I'm getting an oscilloscope! Rad!

bikehorn

• Members

I've been wanting one for a while now, so I can take measurements of audio gear I build in the future, of course I have to learn how to use it first and to get usable readings. I was getting stoned and playing an epic five-player Magic: The Gathering game with my friends last night when the conversation turned to my friend Steve's physics class....and how his lab demonstrator was unloading a bunch of lab gear like oscilloscopes, tube testers, possibly a stash of tubes, vacuum tube volt meters and distortion analysers. Based on the conversation we had, I'm pretty sure I'm getting an oscilloscope for $50 on Thursday! Man I love when universities get rid of stuff, and I wish I'd taken physics. My chemistry lab really sucks...

• Members

Okay, you get stoned with your friends and play MAGIC, and then you decide to get an oscilloscope.

Can we say UBER NERD!!!

cool stuff. Enjoy it.

/just played magic with brother and friends a few hours ago :o

/is a chemistry major (i.e. nerd)

:p

• Members

I've been wanting one for a while now, so I can take measurements of audio gear I build in the future, of course I have to learn how to use it first and to get usable readings. I was getting stoned and playing an epic five-player Magic: The Gathering game with my friends last night when the conversation turned to my friend Steve's physics class....and how his lab demonstrator was unloading a bunch of lab gear like oscilloscopes, tube testers, possibly a stash of tubes, vacuum tube volt meters and distortion analysers. Based on the conversation we had, I'm pretty sure I'm getting an oscilloscope for $50 on Thursday! Man I love when universities get rid of stuff, and I wish I'd taken physics. My chemistry lab really sucks...

Nice. We used one for a handful of projects in my audio production course. They can be entertaining.

We also used SpectraFoo a lot. Fun toys! :thu:

• Members

Okay, you get stoned with your friends and play MAGIC, and then you decide to get an oscilloscope.

Can we say UBER NERD!!!

cool stuff. Enjoy it.

/just played magic with brother and friends a few hours ago
:o
/is a chemistry major (i.e. nerd)

:p

Oh yeah. You won't hear me denying the nerdiness. However, some nerds still possess the social skills to pick up girls :D

I rocked a black deck based on Hecatomb...sacrifice four creatures when you cast it, tap a swamp to deal 1 damage to target creature or player...and it's a worldly enchantment so it stays in play all the time. Of course everyone was afraid of it so I got killed first :cry:

• Members

Oh yeah. You won't hear me denying the nerdiness. However, some nerds still possess the social skills to pick up girls
:D

I rocked a black deck based on Hecatomb...sacrifice four creatures when you cast it, tap a swamp to deal 1 damage to target creature or player...and it's a worldly enchantment so it stays in play all the time. Of course everyone was afraid of it so I got killed first
:cry:

1) I envy your social skills then. The closest I come these days to picking up girls is getting ones that need help in their chem classes. :cry:

2)That's what happens when you play cards like that. I've learned to stay low key in multi player games like that. Then, you don't end up becoming public enemy #1. ;)

• Members

1) I envy your social skills then. The closest I come these days to picking up girls is getting ones that need help in their chem classes.
:cry:

2)That's what happens when you play cards like that. I've learned to stay low key in multi player games like that. Then, you don't end up becoming public enemy #1.
;)

1) Well, now that about every girl I know is in a doomed-to-fail relationship with whatever degenerate hoser she could find, the well has dried up a bit and I have too much coursework to waste time at random parties. Although, my record collection might get me somewhere next week. ;)

2) Yeah, sadly scare tactics are my favourite method...I had like 10 swamps out when Hecatomb dropped so I was in position to clear the entire board when I got capped. Losing 30 life in 2 turns was a downer, but proved the lethality of the deck.

• Members

2) Yeah, sadly scare tactics are my favourite method...I had like 10 swamps out when Hecatomb dropped so I was in position to clear the entire board when I got capped. Losing 30 life in 2 turns was a downer, but proved the lethality of the deck.

Damn i wish i hadn't sold all my cards a few years back, now I'm really tempted to start playing again :mad::poke:

• Members

Oscilloscopes are useful tools. I've got one, but haven't used it in nearly ten years. (Wonder if it still works.) Great help in tracing circuit problems. (Especially in old equipment that doesn't have any support anymore.)

Archived