Post your Amps!

Flod

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Along with the GK, it's got lots of punch - it's great! I originally wanted to find a used Aguilar 1x12, but I got the GB for $200 to my door, so I couldn't pass it up. I imagine there's better cabs, but I like it enough I don't lust for other amps or cabs. Now my guitar rig, on the other hand...

Yeah.... The reviews on the Aggy GS-112's are the reason I gave the Dr Bass cabs a go as well. Considering more recent comments on this board on the Aggies, I am really pleased I went with Dr Bass. They are loud, punchy, and don't color my tone noticeably!

• Members

I'm seeing some ancient GK's here, cool :cool:

We should get some sponsorship from EBS. When I think the money I dropped in their (awesome) stuff my head hurts.

Personally I am really thinking to sell these two cabs and get a 2x12" NEO. WAY lighter and since I am not playing in arenas there's no point for such a stack. Although it is quite impressive...

Yeah, the thought of changing to a 2x12" has struck me too, but those almost never turn up used, and I can't justify buying new. So this rig stays! Besides, with just the 2x10" it gets loud enough for most situations, I'd guess! :D

I hope you get a sponsorship from the, for me, it's enough with what I've got. I want to try other stuff, but without a band there's no excuse :cry:

• Members

Yeah, the thought of changing to a 2x12" has struck me too, but those almost never turn up used, and I can't justify buying new. So this rig stays! Besides, with just the 2x10" it gets loud enough for most situations, I'd guess!
:D

Yup. That's the same reason I don't make the switch to that only cab yet. Although it is a good sign no user ever gives them up...

I hope you get a sponsorship from the, for me, it's enough with what I've got. I want to try other stuff, but without a band there's no excuse
:cry:

Nah. Just fantasizing myself about the possibility. I am not a great musician nor does my band have any projection, but it would be great to have some free merchandise and stuff...;)

• Members

Nah. Just fantasizing myself about the possibility. I am not a great musician nor does my band have any projection, but it would be great to have some free merchandise and stuff...
;)

Well, I did get a T-shirt from them once, does that count? :D

• Moderators

Thinking about replacing those Aggies for a Bag End 15.

Why?

I have bpocall's Bag End 15 here. Have you played one? It is a much different vibe than your Aggies. I'm wondering what you are hearing in your Aggies that you are looking to improve.

• Members

here is the full deal... but I generally use one cab with the head

fullstack.jpg

I've got 2 things changing soon. I'm moving back to my first cab love and a custom BagEnd D12 (followed eventually by a S18... both in Oiled Birch). Going from BagEnd to Schroeder to Accugroove trying a few others along the way, I cannot wait to get back to BagEnd. They have an extremely cool vibe, cut and punch like crazy and just sound great to my ears solo and more so in the mix.

And I'm having a 100 watt 2x12" tube combo built :cool:

Archived