So I'm back from Palm Springs..........

Funkee1

• Members

....and my fingertips hurt like hell!!

The gig was mostly awesome, but I had to use the Tubeworks amp, cause last time, they told me my stage volume was too high (Muahahahahahahaha!!!), so I used the mighty mite!

Anyway, still too much stage volume!!!

I couldn't hear myself, and as an end result, played too hard, and got blisters (Despite 20 year old callouses!!!).

Overall, it was still fun!

L-1329 didn't show, or at least, didn't make himself known........

• Members

Man, I just didn't have the time. I didn't get into Palm Springs until about 8:30 after flying all day, got some dinner and then had to be up by 6 the next morning to fly out. I really wanted to go see you guys too, but we're in the springs often. Make sure to let me know if you're ever back there playing again!

• Members

Man, I just didn't have the time. I didn't get into Palm Springs until about 8:30 after flying all day, got some dinner and then had to be up by 6 the next morning to fly out. I really wanted to go see you guys too, but we're in the springs often. Make sure to let me know if you're ever back there playing again!

Cool! I ain't mad atcha!!!

It was the first gig Chain Reaction had done since New Years, and that doesn't count, so we were a little rusty. Add to the mix a new guitarist, and a sub sax man........

But we rocked anyway!!!

I'll tell ya..... the good stuff was awesome!!!

But the bad.... Oy!:rolleyes:

• Members

There was this girl (no, dammitt! I don't have pics!!!) who was wearing what looked like a man's dress shirt, as a dress. I believe she was probably a size 9 or 10, but the shirt was a 6, at best, and I was hoping she'd sneeze or something!

As it was, you could pretty much see what she was offering (and I am sure it was for sale.....or at least rent!)

Too bad I was broke............ And with my GF..................

• Members

I wonder how they're going to like my SVT ?
:evil:

Were you guys doing 4 hour long sets on Friday and Saturday nights ?
:confused:

Yeah.... 4 one hour sets, and 20 minute breaks in between. The "band room" is nicer than the Red roof Inn they put you up in though, and all the sodas and water you can drink!

But no alcohol till you're done!!!:cop:

• Members

I couldn't hear myself, and as an end result, played too hard, and got blisters (Despite 20 year old callouses!!!).

That happened to me two weekends ago. I have blood under my callous right now from it. I've been playing since I was 14, but I recently developed a MUCH lighter touch. So at the gig when I really dug in hard, I blistered badly. I can't believe it. :mad:

Archived