OT: Just had a phone interview...

L-1329

• Members

...for what sounds like a sweet new job. Caught me off guard this morning though, but it was about 25 minutes of preliminary screening with the head HR guy. My app is in the mix with about 6 others for one job, but I think I'm going to be fairly competetive. If I can become a prime candidate here there's a three phase interview process though, all out of town, that will be impossible to hide from my boss. That's going to be a tough situation but I've got to give this my best effort. It would take me out of town, but would greatly improve my quality of life. It's a huge corporation this time vs. the small private owner stuff I've been doing for the past 4 years. Hope it all goes well, because lately I've really been thinking it's time to improve my life and workplace.:cool:

• Members

Awesome, good luck! Hey, weren't you thinking about getting certified to fly 737's?

I was, thinking about trying for Southwest. Glad I didn't though, the age 65 rule just passed and now none of the majors are hiring for a few years. That was a tough choice at the time though, and truthfully airline flying is not really what I want to do...

And thanks guys, hopefully something good comes out of this.:cool:

• Members

I was, thinking about trying for Southwest. Glad I didn't though, the age 65 rule just passed and now none of the majors are hiring for a few years. That was a tough choice at the time though, and truthfully airline flying is not really what I want to do...

Ah, I was thinking that you had a line on a job for a very, very wealthy guy or something like that. Some of those 737 conversions are pretty crazy.

• Members

Ah, I was thinking that you had a line on a job for a very, very wealthy guy or something like that. Some of those 737 conversions are pretty crazy.

They are, but man jobs flying for those kind of individuals are the lowest qol jobs you could possibly find. You're on a leash every day, year round, and off all over the world with no notice, and usually for pay that is not even remotely close to what the job would be worth. Zero home life, zero time 'off duty'. I don't want to deal with the rich private owners anymore, the lifestlye has killed my qol and I guess I'm getting too tired of the hassle anymore. Corporate all the way.:cool:

Archived