GAS has hit once again

Giddry

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would be a nice choice, too. It would counter the Jazz you already have soundwise.

What are you looking for in sound?

I want something bluesy/growly. I know it's a shortscale, which would be a stretch from my jazz but I'm willing to test it out.

• Moderators

...oh my heck...

Kindness...I hate you and love you at the same time. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!
:lol:

Because if you are looking for a sidekick to a perfectly wonderful bass, you need another perfectly wonderful bass.

Be forewarned, the body of my hollowbody is large because it is a true hollowbody, as opposed to a semi-hollow like most basses.

• Members

:cry:

You guys are bad for me.

Actually, just my checkbook.

:)

Just remember with Lakland, the USA ones are the expensive versions. The Skylines are made in Korea and set up and inspected in Chicago. They have the same electronics and pick-ups as the USA ones. So you could get the Skyline Hollowbody with Darkstars in it for a reasonable price...as are the other Lakland Skylines.

Plus, if you sweet-talk Kindness, he'll set it up for you. :D

• Moderators

FYI - As per Dan Lakin himself, the differences between the skyline version and the US version of the hollowbody are the least of any of the Lakland models. Unlike other models, the CNC machines may in fact be programmed with the exact same design.

• Members

Kindness, I didn't realize you had a hollowbody with Darkstars. What do you think of those pickups?

Are they the bees knees that everyone seems to want them to be?

And how do you think they'd work in a non-hollow bodied bass?

I am GASing for a Jazz bass with Darkstars.

Archived