Jaguar shielding issue

no-logic

• Members

I've seen the threads about the Jaguar shielding remedy but I have a question. The threads show a piece of copper shielding tape coming up over the edge of the cavities so it will make contact with the cover but does it have to be anchored or connected in the cavity somehow?

• Members

I've seen the threads about the Jaguar shielding remedy but I have a question. The threads show a piece of copper shielding tape coming up over the edge of the cavities so it will make contact with the cover but does it have to be anchored or connected in the cavity somehow?

What I've seen is just a loop that contacts the back of the pickguard and the shielded cavity. Should work fine as long as the loop is just a bit oversized.

• Members
What I've seen is just a loop that contacts the back of the pickguard and the shielded cavity. Should work fine as long as the loop is just a bit oversized.

I'm assuming the copper side has to contact the cavity and not the sticky side. So how does it attach in the cavity?

• Members

I'm assuming the copper side has to contact the cavity and not the sticky side. So how does it attach in the cavity?

I believe the copper is on the outside of the loop and it's just held with friction. Haven't needed to do it with mine so it's just a guess from the pics I've seen on my part.

• Members

My Jaguar hummed like a sumbitch, but I took it back to GC and they fixed it. It was a grounding issue, not a shielding issue. You can tell the difference if when you touch your strings, the hum gets quieter, or if you touch the metal part of your actual amp, the hum quiets. Mine is now very quiet without having to shield the cavity and sounds great! I'm not sure exactly where the ground was faulty, but that was surely the cause...

Good luck!

• Members
My Jaguar hummed like a sumbitch, but I took it back to GC and they fixed it. It was a grounding issue, not a shielding issue. You can tell the difference if when you touch your strings, the hum gets quieter, or if you touch the metal part of your actual amp, the hum quiets. Mine is now very quiet without having to shield the cavity and sounds great! I'm not sure exactly where the ground was faulty, but that was surely the cause...

Good luck!

Right. The remedy has to do with grouding all cavities with each other from what I understand. In other words connecting all cavity shielding with each other. In essence would be a grounding issue.

Archived