Guitar Hero

grendle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
On a completely unrelated note, are there any countries you haven't been to that you know aren't any fun to visit?
:p

lol...sure...Iraq.

Also, don't need to blow a republican senator in a bathroom to know i'm not into that either...

• Members
Yep, Video game, Iraq, fellatio in a bathroom with a public servant...

You're a wellspring of salient analogies
:D

you asked about countries i know are no fun that i havent been to...and there is an example...

and to say that you have to try anything to know if you like it, thats just silly...so i used a silly analogy

• Members

and to say that you have to try anything to know if you like it, thats just silly...so i used a silly analogy

What's silly is making a decision on something when you demonstrably don't understand it...

This isn't saying "I don't like racquetball so I won't like squash", the comparison you've made (that the goal is to recreate/emulate actually playing guitar) misses the point of the game...

• Members

What's silly is making a decision on something when you demonstrably don't understand it...

This isn't saying
"I don't like racquetball so I won't like squash"
, the comparison you've made (that the goal is to recreate/emulate actually playing guitar) misses the point of the game...

so, what then is the point of this game? i assumed from the title, and the little fake guitar that guitar emulation might have had something to do with it

• Members
so, what then is the point of this game? i assumed from the title, and the little fake guitar that guitar emulation might have had something to do with it

It's no more about "guitar emulation" than Madden is about "football emulation" :D

It's a game. People don't play it thinking "Hey I'm playing guitar" any more than people playing Madden think "Hey, I should try out for the 49ers"...A big part of the point is that they can "play air guitar" with their friends and have it actually "do something"...

• Members
It's no more about "guitar emulation" than Madden is about "football emulation"
:D

It's a game. People don't play it thinking
"Hey I'm playing guitar"
any more than people playing Madden think
"Hey, I should try out for the 49ers"
...A big part of the point is that they can "play air guitar" with their friends and have it actually "do something"...

my point is more along the lines of...why not actually play guitar with your friends, and have it 'do something', or play football with your friends

• Members

my point is more along the lines of...why not actually play guitar with your friends, and have it 'do something'

Because learning to play guitar well enough to play many of those songs takes months, if not years, of practice...

Maybe folks just want to have fun right now? :idea:

That's what you seem to be missing. Guitar Hero is a hanging out/party game. People get together, hang out and play some. The people who want to put in the time to learn to play really well do (it's not like they can't learn guitar and play guitar hero, I know a few who do), however, it's not like people can keep guitars, amps, and drums around at a party, 'just in case' they want to play...:D

• Members

the difference being, that you cannot go out an actually shoot a bunch of nazis in the head....whereas for the same price, you can buy an actual instrument and have tons more entertainment than the video game.

Well, actually you can. They are all over the "White Pride" gatherings. It's just frowned on a bit in polite company.

• Members

my point is more along the lines of...why not actually play guitar with your friends, and have it 'do something', or play football with your friends

Next time my friends and I are hanging out and put in a video game, I'm gonna say "Hey guys! Lets stop playing super smash brothers and go LARP in the front lawn! We can Super Smash IRL! :idea:"

Not to mention, yeah, I have 10 friends sitting around doing nothing to be at my beckon call everytime I want a little football action. Or form a band everytime I want to have fun with some songs. Better yet, why don't I just go on a rescue mission in Iraq every time I feel like shooting something. This argument is just as ridiculous as all the others :blah:

• Members
My buddy/guitarist thinks it's beneficial for rhythm training, but myself, I think it relies too much on visuals, instead of sonics and muscle-memory... and yes, I suck at Guitar Hero.
:p

I've had two friends who tried to play to the circles as they fell, and I had to stop them and say "Play to the music, the rhythm you feel will be correct".

They were better off after that :thu:

Archived