Guitar Hero

grendle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fun, but for anyone expecting it to be the same as the real thing.............it will never be the same.

I got GHIII for Christmas and have had plenty of fun with it. For kids I think there's both positives and negatives about it. I think it's great that it gets kids listening to some songs they Should know, but I worry that the guitar controller may cause some kids some frustration if they decide they want to try a real guitar or bass.

I reckon get kids to play the real thing first, learn it well and then let them get into GH for some fun and goofing off.

• Members

lol my take on it i guess is with music getting dropped from the schools and such. anything giving kids more appreciation for different types of music , and guitar / bass in general was good. on the other hand it's nothig like actually playing. although Jordan on expert will give you fits lol

• Members

Geez not this again.

"look at me I'm gonna be a music snob and talk smack over a game meant for entertainment so I can feel better about myself" :rolleyes: Last I checked there weren't a bunch of marines on this board calling us morons for playing Call of Duty or Command and Conquer, nor were there a bunch of people claiming to be the most wicked marksman because they can headshot from across the map.

Fun game, can help with a few things musically... But of course anyone expecting to pickup a real guitar and do the same thing is just stupid.

• Members

At first I thought it sounded like a stupid idea for a game. Then I played it and really enjoyed the game. My girlfriend had fun with it too. There aren't many video games she will play.

I will agree though, if you spend enough time playing it that you whoop ass on the expert levels, you might as well learn to play real guitar/bass also.

• Members

Geez not this again.

"look at me I'm gonna be a music snob and talk smack over a game meant for entertainment so I can feel better about myself"
:rolleyes:
Last I checked there weren't a bunch of marines on this board calling us morons for playing Call of Duty or Command and Conquer, nor were there a bunch of people claiming to be the most wicked marksman because they can headshot from across the map.

Fun game, can help with a few things musically... But of course anyone expecting to pickup a real guitar and do the same thing is just stupid.

the difference being, that you cannot go out an actually shoot a bunch of nazis in the head....whereas for the same price, you can buy an actual instrument and have tons more entertainment than the video game.

• Members

the difference being, that you cannot go out an actually shoot a bunch of nazis in the head....whereas for the same price, you can buy an actual instrument and have tons more entertainment than the video game.

Have you actually played it?

And lets extend your analogy: You can only have fun playing a video game if you can't also do the same thing in real life? Is that really what you want to say?

• Members

why is there always a big discussion about it, its a fun game, and a lot of people just want to play it rather than the real thing, bid deal, get over it.

That's what I've been saying, hence my "geez not this again". ;)

• Members

Have you actually played it?

And lets extend your analogy: You can only have fun playing a video game if you can't also do the same thing in real life? Is that really what you want to say?

yeah, i really don't see the point of a video game of something that you can just go do for real...

Archived