Jetglo Rics now in stock at MF

BeeTL

• Members

The current Musician's Friend price on the:

Rickenbacker 4003 Bass Jetglo (#513600.084)

is $1,949.99 from a manufacturer's list price of $2,159.00

I'm guessing they might be able to keep stock on hand a little bit longer at this price...

:freak:

• Members

mmm... for the price of that I could get a Euro, L2000, and a Reverend.

No thanks
;)

Did you mean Euro Spector? I guess you could fit a Rex/Rebop in there if they were all second hand.

There is something nice and fuzzy about buying anything new I find :)

• Members

Did you mean Euro Spector? I guess you could fit a Rex/Rebop in there if they were all second hand.

There is something nice and fuzzy about buying anything new I find
:)

Yessir.

And yeah I did mean a good used price; of course you couldn't even get a Rev new nowdays anyway. :)

• Members

I bet there is some new old stock languishing somewhere *drools*

I knew you were gonna say that you bastage :lol:

I'd love to get my hands on one of those though, mmhmm! The thing I've noticed about Rev's though is that they all seem to be well taken care of. I don't think I've come across one that was in anything but great condition.

• Members

Got it. If I were to sell one of my current basses, it would be the Ric. I love the tone and the look, but it's not the most comfortable bass to play.

Having said that, I'll keep it as I doubt I'll ever afford a new one (unless I win the lottery or start selling organs).

• Members

I knew you were gonna say that you bastage
:lol:

I'd love to get my hands on one of those though, mmhmm! The thing I've noticed about Rev's though is that they all seem to be well taken care of. I don't think I've come across one that was in anything but great condition.

Yep, i've seen plenty of battered Fenders...etc but then again when have you ever seen a live band on tv using a Rumblefish :idk:

I don't think they were really ever adopted by touring bands... not even in the same league as Fender/Spector/Rickenbacker...etc basses.

• Members

Got it. If I were to sell one of my current basses, it would be the Ric. I love the tone and the look, but it's not the most comfortable bass to play.

Having said that, I'll keep it as I doubt I'll ever afford a new one (unless I win the lottery or start selling organs).

Yeah..not the most comfy to play but the price will never be what it was and this is a chance to get one. It's also a good purchase IMO because I think they are worth that price. This time I'm getting a Fireglo, I kind of grew out of the MB one for some reason.

Dan

• Members

I'd agree with Dan that the Ric finishes are not their strong point. I've had four (one new, three used) and the finishes seems thin and susceptible to premature wear, and maybe a bit indifferently applied compared to other instruments that cost far less.

As for other strong points: handmade attention to detail, nice wood, unique style and tone...I'd say they all add up to more than the sum of their parts.

My two cents. :D

• Members

I'd agree with Dan that the Ric finishes are not their strong point. I've had four (one new, three used) and the finishes seems thin and susceptible to premature wear, and maybe a bit indifferently applied compared to other instruments that cost far less.

As for other strong points: handmade attention to detail, nice wood, unique style and tone...I'd say they all add up to more than the sum of their parts.

My two cents.
:D

I agree...they do use very nice wood, the fretwork is excellent, and overall the bass is set up to play and sound very well. Not 2K good though IMO:D

Dan

Archived