Help Identify this Bass! *pics ahoy*

ANameYouTrust

• Members

My friend bought an old bass a while back at a local guitar store. He's now searching to know more about it. He talked to the owner when he bought it. Apparently the previous owner took old basses and surf guitars and refurbished them. The guy's name was "Dano" and apparently is known (at least around here) for this kinda thing.

Apparently the brand is a "Conrad" anyone know what model of bass this is?

60307787tw7.jpg

backlp3.jpg

danokl5.jpg

headkz7.jpg

Thanks guys! I know you guys know it.

• Members

It was one of Aria's early offshoot brands, made in the 60's. :)

They actually went under the name Arai for musical instruments then.

Read more about it here...

http://www.matsumoku.org/arai_matsumoku.html

;)

EDIT: It was made by Matsumoku for Arai Co. who were contracted by Conrad which was a brand name of David Wexler & Co.

:lol: That's a big trail!

• Members

^

Yep. Classic '70s MIJ Cheese. I like it, but I'm a sucker for cheap and cheerful hollow body basses.
:D

60's :)

About the model name, I doubt it had one. It may have had a model number which was the case on most MIJ copy imports from the 60's and 70's. Check in the F holes and you might see it in there? Usually they were 3 or 4 digits.

• Members

My friend bought an old bass a while back at a local guitar store. He's now searching to know more about it. He talked to the owner when he bought it. Apparently the previous owner took old basses and surf guitars and refurbished them. The guy's name was "Dano" and apparently is known (at least around here) for this kinda thing.

And for a few other things. Book 'em. :)

anchor_3.jpg

Archived