OT: Looks like McCain's cleaning up

Emprov

• Members

With CA yet to even begin reporting, it looks like McCain is mopping the floor with Romney and Huck. Huck's doing much better than I thought he would though. On the Dem side, Clinton's leading but the news that I've been listening to out here says that CA will probably go to Obama. Are there bets on this stuff in Vegas?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One reason that Huckabee's doing as well as he is is that in states where it looked like Romney was going to beat McCain, McCain's supporters voted for Huckabee just to deny Romney the delegates, knowing that Huckabee can't beat McCain overall anyway.

• CMS Author

Great, Bush - Clinton - Bush - Clinton. Nice democracy! It's exactly the same in Greece, politics are basically Papandredou clan v.s. Karamanlis clan and have been like that for the last 50 odd years.

This would be a first for POTUS, and very weird really....a father/son and husband/wife succession. Possibly the only other wierdness was Grover Cleveland, who was the 22nd and 24th president. He lost re-election to William Harrison, but then defeated him in Harrison's bid for re-election.

• Members

Why is Rush Limbaugh throwing McCain under the bus?

Listening to him in the car yesterday was like listening to Air America as far a McCain is concerned. Do conservatives have this much contempt for McCain? If so, we may end up with a Dem is the White House.

• Members

Its because McCain refuses to toe the party line on issues like Immigration, and actively tries to make deals that would allow some sort of move forward, but the right wing latino-phobes won;t accept anything less than full deportation for all illegals, regardless of the reality of that sort of policy (troops or cops searching every dwelling in the nation, with loaded weapons and a very low bar for search warrants).

• Members

Its because McCain refuses to toe the party line on issues like Immigration, and actively tries to make deals that would allow some sort of move forward, but the right wing latino-phobes won;t accept anything less than full deportation for all illegals, regardless of the reality of that sort of policy (troops or cops searching every dwelling in the nation, with loaded weapons and a very low bar for search warrants).

Yeah, because everyone knows there isn't an illegal immigration problem in the US, right??? After all, people who merely want our borders to be atleast somewhat controlled MUST be "right wing latino-phobes" - whatever that retarded term means...

- georgestrings

• CMS Author

Yeah, that's a 'reality'. Really, who dreams up this {censored}?

• Members

It's Republican reverse psychology in my opinion. Since a real conservative doesn't have a chance this year McCain can give it a go with conservatives "hating" him....wink wink

So once again.........IT"S A VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY! HILLARY WAS RIGHT!!!!! :eek:

:D

• Moderators
Why the hate? Just curious...

I've never been able to stand him. From his campaign finance reform bill that didn't work to the Amnesty bill that he's now supposedly backing off of, because his support for it is what made him deader than a doornail as a candidate in the GOP primary. He's a flip flop politician, but no one is calling him on it. He'd still pass his amnesty bill tomorrow if he had the chance, but he's telling everyone that he got the clue. He didn't get it. He's simply letting the press help him keep it under the table. I hate to say it, but if Hillary gets the Dem nod, I may actually cross over for the first time in my life and vote for Hillary. If the Republicans think that McCain is going to unite a party and the party faithful will eventually give in and throw our support to McCain, they are sadly mistaken.

• Moderators
right wing latino-phobes won;t accept anything less than full deportation for all illegals, regardless of the reality of that sort of policy (troops or cops searching every dwelling in the nation, with loaded weapons and a very low bar for search warrants).

Latino-phobes? please.:rolleyes:

• Members

I hate to say it, but if Hillary gets the Dem nod, I may actually cross over for the first time in my life and vote for Hillary. If the Republicans think that McCain is going to unite a party and the party faithful will eventually give in and throw our support to McCain, they are sadly mistaken.

Hillary's National health care will have 10 times the impact as any supposed "Amnesty" package (which Hilary will support as well anyway). You are talking about the Fed taking over something like 14% of the economy in one fell swoop. It's the biggest concern I have with a Dem Prez and a Dem Congress coming to power. Not too much other stuff bothers me about Hillary but this is simply too huge to ignore.

• Moderators

Why is Rush Limbaugh throwing McCain under the bus?

Listening to him in the car yesterday was like listening to Air America as far a McCain is concerned. Do conservatives have this much contempt for McCain? If so, we may end up with a Dem is the White House.

A Democrat in the White House is almost certain, regardless of who gets the nominations.

Archived