for the last month I've been playing bass for 3+ hours a day

justinbass

• Members

I've been... well, I've actually played more than once a week for the past month and have noticed it as well. It's amazing how much you can improve in such a short span of time.

I've kind of just made it part of my routine. The past few months I just sort of mindlessly go to the gym after work. Now after dinner at home, I pick up the bass.

Just don't stop ;):thu:

• Members

I am learning over 3 hours of songs for a cover band. It'll be awhile before I can slow down again.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving it.
:thu:

This is the year I finally get
good
at bass.

Yeah I think that's what happened with me too. I just joined my first band and I got like 8 songs thrown at me... Hard to showup to practice every week saying "uhh, I got... 1 song written". But I am enjoying it a ton and loving every minute of practice every weekend.

Competitive encouragement: OH YEAH?! I BET AT THE END OF THE YEAR I'M BETTER THAN YOU!

:D

• Members

I have been working on my basses so much that I've hardly had a chance to play the damn things:mad:

Dan

Ahhh, I have the opposite problem. I have been too busy playing to setup my Schecter CV-4. It has some pretty bad fret buzzing, and I've been taking my SX to practice :freak:

• Members

Since joining my second band about 6 onths ago I reckon I'm twice the bassplayer I used to be. I think I was going a bit stale for a while there with the one band, but now I'm running with 2 I'm jamming, playing and practising more and seeing some vast improvement.

Funny how that works.

4 years ago, I hadn't touched a bass in years. Then I got talked into joining a band. I was not good. I used to be good in high school. Now I can say I am the best I've ever been by a long shot. That makes me damn happy to say.

• Members

I am learning over 3 hours of songs for a cover band. It'll be awhile before I can slow down again.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving it.
:thu:

This is the year I finally get
good
at bass.

I'm currently playing in 2 cover bands that have around 100 songs between them - once learned, my routine is to play through them while surfing the net... This time of year, I often have alot of free time - so I'm probably averaging 2-3 hours per day of practice - and yes, it will improve your playing - or in my case, certainly keeps my chops up... I've got a gig with one band on friday, and with the other on saturday - so this week, I've been alternating - one band's entire playlist on monday and wednesday, and the other's on tuesday and thursday... Sure, it can get a bit tedious sometimes, but the payoff is being totally in command of my playing at the gigs this weekend.. By staying on top of the material so much, I find that I can pay more attention to vocals and stage performance without my bass playing suffering any...

Fortunately, I really like playing - so I hook up the Pandora and a loaded mp3 player, and have at it... It'll never kill you to spend time on your instrument...

- georgestrings

• Members

I've recently been doing a lot of playing in the dark when I can't sleep. Forces me to "feel" out positions instead of see them. My transitional speed and accuracy in jumps of over 7 frets has gotten MUCH better.

Yeah I've been doing a ton of that myself this past week. It really makes a difference!

*flips on fret LED's*

*rawks out*

:p

Archived