i almost wrecked my car...

jonathan_matos5

• Members

you are a damn music nerd. Don';t you realize that the radio probably wasn't playing live music, and even if it was, you were too far away for the musicians to see you. Not to mention the typical 30 second lag between recording and actual radio transmition.

• Members

you are a damn music nerd. Don';t you realize that the radio probably wasn't playing live music, and even if it was, you were too far away for the musicians to see you. Not to mention the typical 30 second lag between recording and actual radio transmition.

i already know I'm a music nerd:thu: i know it was a recording but i was familiar with the piece being performed and knew the cues :o:blah:

• Members

Quick Quiz:

How are melodic and harmonic minor scales different?

Go!

harmonic minors have a raised 7th step creating a leading tone to the tonic. melodic have a raised 6th and 7th step ascending and returned back to the key signature pitch when descending. both harmonic and melodic have a lowered 3rd step which give them their distinct minor sound.:blah: harmonic minor is used most often:thu:

• Members

harmonic minors have a raised 7th step creating a leading tone to the tonic. melodic have a raised 6th and 7th step ascending and returned back to the key signature pitch when descending. both harmonic and melodic have a lowered 3rd step which give them their distinct minor sound.
:blah:
harmonic minor is used most often:thu:

Damn, I was just gonna say "they sound different 'n stuff". :eek:

:thu:

• Members

i know my stuff:thu: you know what they say those who can do, those who cant teach. i can teach music better than i play it.
:D

:D:cool:

I was thinking about taking a theory or intro to guitar class this summer at the local college. Has it helped your playing much, or does it just make you just enough more knowledgeable to be more confused? ;)

• Members

:D:cool:

I was thinking about taking a theory or intro to guitar class this summer at the local college. Has it helped your playing much, or does it just make you just enough more knowledgeable to be more confused?
;)

im definitely a better musician because of my theory classes. i am now more confident to stray from the root note of the chord, i can identify the keys based on the chord progression, i am starting to write actual music and my sight reading has greatly improved; but it tends to piss people(non music majors) off when i start talking about modes and odd meter. im the music geek everywhere i go now. :thu:

oh yeah i can read in bass, treble, and tenor clef now too.

Archived