Help with Neck Choices

txbass68

• Members

A buddy of mine put together a strat clone from Warmouth. Very nice guitar. Very nice neck.

Right now, I'm kind of at the same point as you...my dad is getting ready to make me a Telecaster body out of some beautiful Maple. I'm torn between getting a nice neck from one of the places you mentioned and getting a Deluxe Tele neck off of Ebay. The Deluxe Tele neck is one of the nicest I've ever played, but STRATosphere is asking around $400 for one. :eek:

• Members

I have to concur about Moses, I tried one and as cool as it was, it just didn't get it for me. I ended up taking it off and putting my Fender P neck back on and have been much happier. It ain't for everyone and it's good you know that you don't need to go there.

Besides, that bitch was heavy. . .:eek:

• Members

I can only speak for Warmoth necks, but I have four and have played one or two others. What they all have in common is that these necks are seriously tough. Solid doesn't even describe it, they just have the feel of being as hard as steel. Great truss rods, very high quality woods, perfect finishing, and a price tag to match unfortunately. Put a Warmoth neck on a bass and it's never going to need anything again. Ever. They do use dual steel reinforcement in their bass necks though, something the others don't for whatever that's worth to you. I personally fee they are worth the price, if the profile works for you, because they also have hardly any options for neck or board profiles.

Archived