How will Obama pay for all the stuff he's promising?

Perfessor

• Members

Health care, etc., etc., and I haven't heard where the real money will come from. If all the people get tax breaks he's talking about at the same time starting programs from scratch with a huge deficit to begin his term just when would these things start? Ending the war wouldn't even make a dent in universal health care let alone all the other stuff we're promised. Has anyone heard anything concrete out of him yet? All I hear is you can do this or that, it'll be great yada yada.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tax the rich, of course.

I'm actually OK with them making the corporations fess up but the rich already pay 75% of all the taxes. Wouldn't you just leave if you were rich and they raised them even more? I don't think it'll come close to paying for all he's promising.

• Members

I'm actually OK with them making the corporations fess up but the rich already pay 75% of all the taxes. Wouldn't you just leave if you were rich and they raised them even more? I don't think it'll come close to paying for all he's promising.

When you tax corps, the costs get passed on in the form of higher prices, so in the end, higher corp taxes = higher consumer taxes. I like the Fairtax proposal, which does away with ALL current federal taxes and institutes a national sales tax. But current plans are revenue neutral, which means they'd only bring in the same as currently collected. To increase spending the way most Democratic candidates are talking about, you'd have to go back to the pre-Reagan tax brackets, which ended up in massive capital flight to foreign banks. Its a big mess.

• Members

"Tax the rich,

Feed the poor,

Till there are no

Rich no more"

Would love to see what happens Ten Years After this election.
:D

That's the problem. We will see it. We saw Jimmy Carter's hangover of double digit interest rates and high inflation. You guys that didn't live through that let me tell ya. I saved for a car and went back to the dealer and the car went up by the same amount.This was repeated 3 times. Finally I got a second job just to keep up with price increases.

• Members

According to Republicans the economy under Bush is heading in the right direction. And. Bush institued a tax cut and had to pay for the most expensive war ever. Somehow he made it work.

So. All Obama has to do is follow the Bush plan. That way the Republicans would never, ever, ever, criticize his fiscal policy.

:lol::p

• Members

More government = more taxes.

There is no way around this.

Deficit spending and printing money are effectively taxes.

So let me lay it on the line here.

Liberals believe that the masses don't have the intelligence to spend their hard earned money correctly.:mad: So they want to take all of our money and spend it the correct way for us. :mad: :mad:

After all, if everyone spent their money the correct way, there would be no need for large government. Which conveniently "proves" the liberal hypothesis.:mad::mad::mad:

The big lie is that they claim to only want to tax the "rich". Then they turn around and increase Social Security and Medicare taxes, which are regressive. And propose nationalized healthcare which can only be paid for by doubling payroll taxes on who? The poor and middle class.:idea:

So if you want your payroll taxes doubled, healthcare rationing, a full blown depression, and the few remaining good jobs to be sent to the Far East; you have two really good candidates: Barack Hussein Osama and Hillary Clinton.

• Members

Politicians promise all kinds of stuff. Then reality creeps up and whams 'em over the head...or, in some cases they continue to live in fantasy land until timed out or ousted.

I wouldn't vote for anyone based on what they say can give you. I think you need to look at the record first (leadership ability and crisis management) and beyond that your best assessment of what their principals, philosophy, and goals are.

• Members

Liberals believe that the masses don't have the intelligence to spend their hard earned money correctly.
:mad:
So they want to take all of our money and spend it the correct way for us.

After all, if everyone spent their money the correct way, there would be no need for large government. Which conveniently "proves" the liberal hypothesis.

The big lie is that they claim to only want to tax the "rich". Then they turn around and increase Social Security and Medicare taxes, which are regressive. And propose nationalized healthcare which can only be paid for by doubling payroll taxes on who? The poor and middle class.
:idea:

So if you want your payroll taxes doubled, healthcare rationing, a full blown depression, and the few remaining good jobs to be sent to the Far East; you have two really good candidates: Barack Hussein Osama and Hillary Clinton.

The previous message brought to you by the N.S.A. - The National Stereotyping agency. Look for our issue next month when we talk how Blacks came to love Fried Chicken and Watermelon so much. And. Why it makes them all criminals.

• Members

Both Clinton and Obama will not extend the Bush tax cuts resulting in 800 to 1800 dollars more tax per average household (depending on whose figures you believe). This has been touted as the primary funding vehicle for the various National Health Care plans.

• Members

I still don't understand why people hate taxes so much. They take my money and use it to provide nessesary services to better our society. Seems like a good deal to me.

I hear people complaining about Taxes all the time. I don't get it either. If it wasn't for Taxes paying for our Hospitals, I'd be dead.

• Members

Liberals believe that the masses don't have the intelligence to spend their hard earned money correctly.
So they want to take all of our money and spend it the correct way for us.

After all, if everyone spent their money the correct way, there would be no need for large government. Which conveniently "proves" the liberal hypothesis.

The big lie is that they claim to only want to tax the "rich". Then they turn around and increase Social Security and Medicare taxes, which are regressive. And propose nationalized healthcare which can only be paid for by doubling payroll taxes on who? The poor and middle class.
:idea:

No matter what party controls the white house, we have huge government. If you examine the record over the last 30 years, the "fiscally responsinble" GOP has by far been the leader in deficit spending...which, as you say are effectively taxes. Drink more kool-aid, angry man.

• Members

I hear people complaining about Taxes all the time. I don't get it either. If it wasn't for Taxes paying for our Hospitals, I'd be dead.

And you have a problem with that?

Really I'm an independent voter and I'm not against Obama except it sounds like a pie in the sky. Sorry but I don't think repealing the tax cuts will even be close to enough money.

• Members

The healthcare industry is between 17 and 19 Percent of the US GDP. That is a really really big piece of pie to fund. I'd be all for it....if they'd take the money out of welfare programs......CAUSE I'M EVIL! :mad:

• Members

The problem with entitlement programs in the United States is the fact that they hardly ever come in at or under the projected price tag. They're always budget busters that cost waaaaaaaaaay more than the people are ever told they would. I break from my conservative ranks because I believe in socialized healthcare in principle. However, I don't think it's a feasible reality in the United States. I predict horrendous cost overruns and eternal waiting times for services. Since the cost will be far greater than originally planned for, the government will have to start rationing care in an effort to control it.

Archived