A question for the fans of Mahavishnu Orchestra

justinbass

• Members

The Inner Mounting Flame is a better album on the whole than Birds of Fire, IMO, and definitely worth picking up.

The only other McLaughlin album I have is Industrial Zen, and it's got some amazing playing on it, smothered by a hearty helping of cheese. It's interesting, but I wouldn't spend money on it.

• Members

The Inner Mounting Flame is a better album on the whole than Birds of Fire, IMO, and definitely worth picking up.

The only other McLaughlin album I have is Industrial Zen, and it's got some amazing playing on it, smothered by a hearty helping of cheese. It's interesting, but I wouldn't spend money on it.

TIMF is the one I was going to recommend as well.

• Members

My introduction was "Between Nothingness, and Eternity". It doesn't have an orchestra, just the core band--and it is very much a rocking out album. Absolutely incinderary live album!

There's a hit-and-miss Santana album called "Welcome". The song to buy the cd for is called "Flame--Sky". I used to have to pull off the road when it came on my stereo. The two bands had a lot of cross-over at the time, and John M sits in with Santana for that one song.

Archived