Help me spend my money.

collinwho

• Members

These are the options I'm considering. . .

Fneder Vintage Modified Jazz (I would switch out the bridge.)

or

SX Bass, which I would then be able to customize and modify.

or

A Markbass (or similar lightweight, possible NeoPack) head.

or

Boss GT-6B

Here is the thing. I don't absolutely need any of these things. If I get the bass, it is going to be tuned to BEAD and used as a backup and alternative to tuning to drop-D with the cover band. I would also like to downsize my rig some, just to make it easier to drag to multiple practices with multiple bands. And the GT-6B would give me a crapload of tonal options, which would also be nice instead of dragging and amp to the eventual regular cover gig. So, where should my money go?

• Members

I'd go for a wireless unit.

None of the above. Send it to me, and I'll buy a Wii for my daughters. They will immediately give me cool Dad points, and I'll send you pictures!

Hey!! You said help you spend the money. You didn't say Help you spend the money without helping yourself!!!:D

• Members

Well, I eventually want to expand in all areas (bass, amp, effects). But, I'm only going to get one right now.

What fretless? (That is on my "eventually" list, though)

Honestly, the GT-6B is a lot of fun, provided you have the time.

I'm about to get another one to use at church and sell my BBE preamp and quit taking my pedalboard up there, as it'll do both duties and it's harder to screw up and ruin.

• Members

They also came out with a 10 for the guitards.

10B

$500. Ouch.

I searched for it right after you said that, and man that's overkill for me. :)

Basically looks like they took the 6B and just added the RC-20 loop station plus some new toys.

THing has GOT to be huge!

• Members

i'd get the squier... then change the bridge and do some adjustments... that would rock... i am going to get a Modified Jazz, it will be one of my next basses, almost for sure, i really really love it... just need to change the bridge and the pots, the tuners if you want (but not really necessary)... its a hell of a bass, IMO...

but i dont really like multi-effect units so... i'd recommend getting separate effects, they really do sound better if you choose whats right for you...

Archived