The Bedlam in Goliath

In the Fade

• Members

so, i finally got my hands on this album. i had a fair bit of commuting to do on friday so put in my earbuds and fired up the ol' ipod. i think a lot of people on the subway probably thought i was insane with all of the head-bobbing, strange faces and laughing i was doing (yes, there we're parts where i was laughing because it was so good).

now, as a bit of background, i absolutely loved their first full-album, Deloused in the Comatorium, and no small part due to Flea's presence. since then, i've felt my interest in them slowly waning. i was both ashamed and depressed at this realization. dont get me wrong, i like Frances the Mute and Amputechure but i liked the more focused TMV. and i know i've been heard to say that TMV will never make an album like Deloused or as good as Deloused again, so i may have to eat my words.

The Bedlam in Goliath is awesome! i was really pleasantly surprised. i thought that i would horribly miss their old drummer but i've been really impressed with the drum parts on the new album. i'd have to say overall, that the album's tighter parts wise. as always, TMV lays down some heavy ass riffage. i could be wrong, but i feel that cedric has shifted his style of lyrics at times as well.

if you dig any The Mars Volta or prog of any sort, i highly recommend this album. i know i was very merrily blown away... again.

for those of you who have heard it, i'd like to get your .02

• Members

owww yes! Been a TMV fan for some years now and to me all of their albums are equally good. But they managed to pull of a whole lot of new stuff on "Bedlam" including some heavier riffs and even som ATDI stuff.

Can't wait to see them live! only 9 days to their concert in Norway :love:

• Members

I too was starting to wane on my interest in this band. I loved the first few albums. Frances the Mute was... good but I had to be in the mood for it. I thought Amputechure was downright boring, as it seemed like they lost their dynamics and explosiveness. It didn't have those earth crushing or groovy parts that would kick in like the older albums. It sounded like they were just casually jamming around, with someone deciding to record it. Definitely lost that spark.

However, the new album regained that spark! The riffs are more focused, but that explosive edge is back! I thought it was going to be impossible to replace their old drummer, but I think the new guy is much more focused. He doesn't ride the double pedal (or possibly sick heel-toe technique) as much as the old drummer. I'm rambling now, in short, the new album is awesome!

• Members

I too was starting to wane on my interest in this band. I loved the first few albums. Frances the Mute was... good but I had to be in the mood for it. I thought Amputechure was downright boring, as it seemed like they lost their dynamics and explosiveness. It didn't have those earth crushing or groovy parts that would kick in like the older albums. It sounded like they were just casually jamming around, with someone deciding to record it. Definitely lost that spark.

However, the new album regained that spark! The riffs are more focused, but that explosive edge is back! I thought it was going to be impossible to replace their old drummer, but I think the new guy is much more focused. He doesn't ride the double pedal (or possibly sick heel-toe technique) as much as the old drummer. I'm rambling now, in short, the new album is awesome!

OMG. AVATAR. :love: :love: :love:

Archived