What future plans for your Rig do you have?

ToeJamFootball

• Members

I will build my clone of the Acoustic 360.

I really want to know how that goes.

Worn Cherry Gibson Faded SG

Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp - 2 Pickups - 5 Knob / 1 switch Configuration + active/passive switch

Badass II or Hipshot Supertone bridge

Dimarzio Model One DP120 (neck)

??? (bridge)

Black lightweight tuners

Sanford & Sonny BlueBeard Fuzz

Double-Loop Effect Switcher

Korg Pitch Black Pedal Tuner

Sadowsky Outboard Bass Preamp/DI

MXR Micro Amp

2EQ Ernie Ball MusicMan Stingray natural/maple

Fender Jaco Pastorius Fretless Jazz Bass

Gallien-Krueger 700RB / 210 Combo

Mesa M-Pulse Venture 600

All of that is easily over 5 years away, probably way more. :cry::thu:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Make a footswitch for MuTron Bi-Phase.

Convert EH Microsynth to Bass Microsynth.

Some nice warm overdrive box.

A looper.

Put flats on my 4-string guitar.

A real preamp.

Until (if) I start jamming with people outside of my living room, I'm not going to worry about amp/cab/combo upgrading. I just use headphones or my stereo. (I know, don't use the stereo)

• Moderators

That sounds great actually. What's tomorrow look like to you?

Sean and I are partying like rockstars all day. If you tell me what time works for you, we'll make sure to be at my place. Otherwise, just call my cell when you want to come over (if you don't have it PM me) and we can figure it out.

• Members

Sean and I are partying like rockstars all day. If you tell me what time works for you, we'll make sure to be at my place. Otherwise, just call my cell when you want to come over (if you don't have it PM me) and we can figure it out.

How's 3-ish sound?

• Members

I'd like another small room rig. For one of the other bedrooms. But with more power than the Roland 30. Don't ever seem to win the bid on a GK MB150, and I'm not going higher. So something else. Probably a 112. Maybe even build one, with the Burdi mod, and try a couple different mini-amps like the MarkBass, or GB or such.

• Members

I'd like another small room rig. For one of the other bedrooms. But with more power than the Roland 30. Don't ever seem to win the bid on a GK MB150, and I'm not going higher. So something else. Probably a 112. Maybe even build one, with the Burdi mod, and try a couple different mini-amps like the MarkBass, or GB or such.

U an' I need to get together. :evil:

• Members

You guys have any plans for your rigs??

:thu:

Yeah, I'm going to sell it. :lol: After spending bank putting together a killer rig, pregnant wives and little league coaching brought our band to a close and my new gig is on a gut-strung URB.

So pm me if you're in the midwest and need to sound like the voice of God.

Ampeg SVP-CL pre-amp (9 lbs.)

Stewart World 1.6 power amp (1400W bridged, 16 lbs.)

Accu-Groove Whappo Jr. (69 Lbs.)

Fender Jazz Bass '87 MIJ with TI flats and Lindy Fralin pups and 500K pots.

• Members

just bought and redid my pedalboard setup(got a PedalTrain Pro) and will likely be re tubing my mid 70's Ampeg SVT(reminds me, gotta re-mortgage the house to pay for it..:cry:$$$) ordering 3 new Bayou Cables for routing the signal from the pedalboard to my 3 amp rig.Will also be ordering a Moosapotomus Paralooper soon as well to further refine my quest for the perfect blend of clean low punch and grindy mids.:thu:

• Members

Wouldn't mind having a big-ass rackmount e.q. for my stuff.

I'm biamped now, Ampeg SVP-BSP/Mackie 1400i-->Bag End 4x10 and Mesa/Boogie 400+-->Eden 1x15. I just swapped out the preamp gain tube on the Boogie, pulled a Ruby 12ax7 and replaced it with an old Sylvania JAN-CHS 12au7. Supposed to be a great difference, the jury is still out on that one. Also put a new tube in the Ampeg, the old one was crapped out. I think I might like to swap the other three preamp tubes in the Boogie for Tung Sol 12ax7's, see if that sweetens things up a bit. I was impressed with how good the Tung Sol sounds in my Ampeg, and I've never been completely happy with how the Boogie sounds with stock tubes. For the money it costed me, it should sound better I think.

I think the only BIG thing I'd do is buy an SWR Super Redhead. I've toyed with parting with the Boogie to get one. It may or may not happen. Last time I plugged into a Redhead it was instant love.

There is the impending bass build, but it's a slow process as I don't want to spend money I don't have/can't afford to spend, so it's one piece here, one piece there. I've got my first pickup so far, Dimarzio X2N-B. I'm still deciding what pickup to pair it with. I had thought a Rio Grande Pitbull, but I'm toying with the idea of using a '51 P pup of some kind instead, whether a Rio Grande or Dimarzio or whatever. Did you know that on the song "No More Tears" and a few others off that Ozzy album, Bob Daisley used a '54 P?

Bob%20%26%201954%20Fender%20Precision.JP

• Members

Wouldn't mind having a big-ass rackmount e.q. for my stuff.

I'm biamped now, Ampeg SVP-BSP/Mackie 1400i-->Bag End 4x10 and Mesa/Boogie 400+-->Eden 1x15. I just swapped out the preamp gain tube on the Boogie, pulled a Ruby 12ax7 and replaced it with an old Sylvania JAN-CHS 12au7. Supposed to be a great difference, the jury is still out on that one. Also put a new tube in the Ampeg, the old one was crapped out. I think I might like to swap the other three preamp tubes in the Boogie for Tung Sol 12ax7's, see if that sweetens things up a bit. I was impressed with how good the Tung Sol sounds in my Ampeg, and I've never been completely happy with how the Boogie sounds with stock tubes. For the money it costed me, it should sound better I think.

I think the only BIG thing I'd do is buy an SWR Super Redhead. I've toyed with parting with the Boogie to get one. It may or may not happen. Last time I plugged into a Redhead it was instant love.

There is the impending bass build, but it's a slow process as I don't want to spend money I don't have/can't afford to spend, so it's one piece here, one piece there. I've got my first pickup so far, Dimarzio X2N-B. I'm still deciding what pickup to pair it with. I had thought a Rio Grande Pitbull, but I'm toying with the idea of using a '51 P pup of some kind instead, whether a Rio Grande or Dimarzio or whatever. Did you know that on the song "No More Tears" and a few others off that Ozzy album, Bob Daisley used a '54 P?

Bob%20%26%201954%20Fender%20Precision.JP

Mike Inez played on the album No More Tears.

EDIT: My bad, he didn't I always though he did. :D

Archived