What future plans for your Rig do you have?

ToeJamFootball

• Members

I've got everything I need now, and after playing it side by side with an Aggie/Epi rig, I'm still quite smitten with it. :)

I always thought I'd get the matching 1x12...and still might.

However, I decided to put a whole other rig together to keep set up at home, while my current rig stays packed and ready to grab-n-go. After all, that was the primary goal for it.

I'm pretty sure I want all tube for the head, but I may decide to go separate pre/power so I could collect pres of different voicings and swap out on a whim. As for a cab, I'm so pleased with my Berg that I'd like to buy one of their bigger offerings, but I don't want to buy something w/o hearing it 1st. I'd want a bigger rig to be prepared for larger scale gigs.

Besides, I'm in no hurry to do any of this.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I've got everything I need now, and after playing it side by side with an Aggie/Epi rig, I'm still quite smitten with it.
:)
I always thought I'd get the matching 1x12...and still might.

However, I decided to put a whole other rig together to keep set up at home, while my current rig stays packed and ready to grab-n-go. After all, that was the primary goal for it.

I'm pretty sure I want all tube for the head, but I may decide to go separate pre/power so I could collect pres of different voicings and swap out on a whim. As for a cab, I'm so pleased with my Berg that I'd like to buy one of their bigger offerings, but I don't want to buy something w/o hearing it 1st. I'd want a bigger rig to be prepared for larger scale gigs.

Besides, I'm in no hurry to do any of this.

You certainly have a nice rig dude, I want to get a 112 one day also, the GB and the Berg are roughly the same price. Would you be getting a Fridge cabm or by bigger do you mean more like a 212?

• Members

I'm pretty much set for basses and cabs, and am really digging the T-Max, with the Mark VI as a backup... Sometime this year, I'll pick up either a GBE 600, or a GBE 750 - then the T-Max will become the backup... I'd still like an octave up pedal, and am also keeping my eyes peeled for a deal on either an Alpha Bass, or a Kilo Bass amp... I'll probably put some more $$$ into my PA, including another pair of subs...

- georgestrings

• Members

I want a T-bird, Avatar 410 to go with the 212 I have, and a couple of pedals from OLC to play with.

And a MM Sub. Or a five string something for drop tuned songs so I don't have to screw with downtuning on the fly.

• Members

Hmm... I need to get a rig. :(

I currently just have a practice amp :cry: Although I'm planning on changing that soon. I hope to get a Little Mark II and two 1x12"'s. As for pedals, I've started cutting down the numbers and switching things around. I'm set for fuzz, dist/grit, chorus and wah, I just want a comp and a delay and also a pedalboard to put it on. That's pretty much it. I've got enough basses so thats not gonna change. I ain't going above 4 for the moment. Actually one of them is going on loan soon. :)

• Members

Not a thing, my rig does exactly the job I want and I couldn't improve it if I wanted to. I am going to soon have a Moosapotomus paralooper pedal, and I'm going to start working on a good overdrive tone. My goal is to get close to the sound I was getting when biamping my rig with my Rectoverb head and GBE750, only from pedals into my mono GB head. That would give me a killer new sound, and still keep the setup as simple as it is now with no difference at all as far as pa/soundmen are concerned. Looking forward to experimenting with this!:cool:

• Members

You certainly have a nice rig dude, I want to get a 112 one day also, the GB and the Berg are roughly the same price. Would you be getting a Fridge cabm or by bigger do you mean more like a 212?

More like a 2x12. If Bergie made their 1x12 + 2x10 cab again, only in a neo version like their new series, I'd be all over it.
Thanks for the compliment. :) The GB is a very nice 1x12 also.

Archived