whats a good cure for the flu?

rikshaw

• Members

Not so, sir. The flu shot does not use a live virus, so you cannot get the flu from the shot.

True. These "flu shot fearmongers" are simply wrong, and they piss me off. The flu shot simply can not give you the flu.

Now, it is possible to pick up something else while the immune system is momentarily depleted while responding to the flu shot. These are coincidental infections, and are almost never influenza (though it is possible to catch it in that window, if the body hasn't adapted yet, or it's a different strain). Usually, they're just common colds. The important thing is to be especially careful about personal hygiene for the week after the shot - wash your hands frequently and after contact with others.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, if you had gotten one you wouldn't be sick.
:thu::p

I work in the admissions dept at a large hospital. Here in Lubbock, we have had the largest flu outbreak in our history., and many of those people had the flu shot. I had always heard that the flu shot will make you sick , which isn't true. Your are injected w/ DEAD flu stands to help build immunity. The reason people are getting sick here is the outbreak is of flu strands that aren't contained in the vaccine. I've been safe so far, hopefully it'll stay that way

• Members

I work in the admissions dept at a large hospital. Here in Lubbock, we have had the largest flu outbreak in our history., and many of those people had the flu shot. I had always heard that the flu shot will make you sick , which isn't true. Your are injected w/ DEAD flu stands to help build immunity. The reason people are getting sick here is the outbreak is of flu strands that aren't contained in the vaccine. I've been safe so far, hopefully it'll stay that way

Yes, this can be the case...also the vaccine takes time to build up in your body to where you are "immune" to the strains that are contained in the shot. You could already be carrying the flu virus and not have symptoms yet when you get the shot...then you come down with the flu anyway and therefore conclude the shot gave you the flu.

And when you get the flu shot each year, you're basically getting vaccinated for what they're "guessing" the flu strain that year will be...which could be wrong as it's always mutating.

Archived