whats a good cure for the flu?

rikshaw

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Simple... go to bed and stay there until you don't feel like you are going to die anymore.

O... so you have stuff to do besides lay in bed and die I think I hear you moaning thru cyberspace??... take advil (with saltine crackers to avoid stomach upset) for body aches... drink plenty of fluids (that DO NOT contain hops)... salty foods to help with dydration (soups w/high sodium content, bland stuff)... etc.

Bonus... make sure you do nothing to make yourself look actually well... thus people feel badly for you and will let you die in peace under a desk at work or something... or at least leave you the hell alone... because they don't want to catch it.

Viola... happy healing!

• Members

this is day 5. hopefully it will be over soon

Yep bro... that's the same strain I'm getting over... about day 5, you start to feel like you might not actually die anymore, and decide you can try and eat (or drink a lot of beer) and then... POW... it's back... day 7-8 for me, almost better... just the stomach knief cramp thing comes and goes... less though... you're almost there:).

• Members

make sure you do nothing to make yourself look actually well...

That's some solid advice right there. If you're gonna go to work sick, you should look sick, so they'll either send you home with a "thanks for being a trooper", or leave you the {censored} alone and disregard your blatant lack of productivity.

I try to look as sick as possible at all times.

C7

• Members

they actually make you sick. thats why i don't get them.

Not necessarily. Some people have a local reaction (soreness at the needle site). A very few people are allergic to the vaccine, and have a systemic reaction (rash, body aches, anaphylactic shock in extreme cases). The vast majority of people have no reaction---other than not getting the flu.

• Members

In the first 48 hours of having the flu, you can take Relenza or Tamiflu at your doctor's office. It will usually shorten the duration and severity of your symptoms.

The flu shot is not perfect, but thousands and thousands die every year from the flu or complications from it. The anecdotal, scare tactic, anti-flu shot "information" out there is irresponsible at best, dangerous at worst.

• Members

Not necessarily. Some people have a local reaction (soreness at the needle site). A very few people are allergic to the vaccine, and have a systemic reaction (rash, body aches, anaphylactic shock in extreme cases). The vast majority of people have no reaction---other than not getting the flu.

i know a handful of people that get the shot every year. they also all get sick from it every year.

i'm pretty sure that we got it when i was in the military but i don't remember it.

• Members

i know a handful of people that get the shot every year. they also all get sick from it every year.

i'm pretty sure that we got it when i was in the military but i don't remember it.

Ok, I'll counter that with "I know a handful of people that get the shot every year and they also DON'T get sick from it every year". That's from a pool of 8 people. No one has gotten sick from it in my group of friends and family.

Where does that leave us now? My friends and family are hardier than yours? See this is the problem with anecdotal evidence. Hard to show cause & effect. I get it every year and quite frankly, after I get it, I don't even think about it anymore. Not even a sore arm from the shot. I also mostly go through the cold season without getting so much as a sniffle.

And I hope you feel better...

• Members

Ok, I'll counter that with "I know a handful of people that get the shot every year and they also DON'T get sick from it every year". That's from a pool of 8 people. No one has gotten sick from it in my group of friends and family.

Where does that leave us now? My friends and family are hardier than yours? See this is the problem with anecdotal evidence. Hard to show cause & effect. I get it every year and quite frankly, after I get it, I don't even think about it anymore. Not even a sore arm from the shot. I also mostly go through the cold season without getting so much as a sniffle.

And I hope you feel better...

these people aren't friends. i work with them.

i also know a few hundred people that don't get the shot and don't get the flu. hmmm. anyway, your stupid argument is simply, well...

anyway, thanks

:D

Archived