Demos are done...

PaulyWally

• Members

I'm not sure I'm ENTIRELY happy with the results. However, it was recorded with 5 tracks, live, in a basement. So... I'm pretty OK with it in that sense. Somethings can be fixed... others cannot.

If you care to... give 'em a listen and let me know what you think. And be honest. These are going out to club owners/booking mangers/etc.

Thanks...

Rock Your Baby

Blues Stay Away

Midnight Shift

I'm Heading Home

• Members

I know these are covers, and I don't know the originals, so these opinions are based on your performance of it. First of all, great performances by the entire band. Nice work. Great bass playing.

"Rock your baby"

-I'd like some harmonies on the chorus, as opposed to unison.

-maybe less reverb on the sax?

-Guitar tone on solo comes out of left field.

"Blues Stay away"

-Aside from less reverb on the sax again, It was perfect.

"Midnight Shift"

-Something about the rhythm guitar parts strikes me as funny. I think the tone is to treble-y. Sounds nice on the solo though.

-Great vocals

"I'm heading home"

-Guitar could come up in the mix a bit.

-Great vocals.

overall, kick ass! :thu:

• Members

"Rock your baby"

-Guitar tone on solo comes out of left field.

I won't make excuses for anything else... but this was one that continues to bother me the most.

The guitarist had such a muddy, middy tone coming through... and there wasn't a WHOLE lot I could do with it. But now that it's been about a week, I'm thinking I might go back to the tracks and try to fix it up again.

It is really irritating me. But the worst is just the beginning of the solo. The rest seems to mellow out.

Thanks for the critique and the kind words!! Mucho appreciato!

Archived