OT: Obligatory "What Are You Doing For V-Day?" Thread

RSBro

• Members

I haven't had a gf that I've actually wanted to get something for V-Day for in about 4 years (girls you just sleep with off and on for a few years, even if during this time, in no way count), so just seeing what everyone else is doing.

I've been seeing my gf for about 6-7 weeks now, and I like her, but the "dozen roses" thing is tired, and says too much for just having been together a month or so. What other bouquets are nice, but don't say "Hey, we're just good buddies that sleep together?" (cause crazy enough, this one isn't!)

• Members

My GF works in a bank, so for the last few years I either personally deliver flowers, or have them delivered - it appears to be a big ego boost for her coworkers to see this happen... Most likely I'll do that, and probably take her out to dinner later on...

As for the flowers bit - I do that several times per year, and totally unexpected - it doesn't cost all that much, and she really enjoys it... Guys - if you've never done anything like that for your SO, I highly recommend it...

- georgestrings

• Members

Flowers on V-day is so damn predictable.

Don't do it.

Yeah, but you gotta-

girls may not say it means anything but it does. Especially when they make comments about it during the year as to WHY you don't buy them more often, even in passing/joking. :) That's why I'm thinking of what else to get along w/ that...

• Members

Half an hour my answer was "Absolutely nothing." Now, I am going to the opening of some local production of Hello, Dolly with a female friend who has free tickets because she worked on the costumes. Most likely the end result will be the same as Bass8987's.

• Members

My gf lives in Boston. Long distance relationships suck. I'm flying out there at the end of the month ($128 round trip on southwest
:eek:
) and spending a weekend with her. As weird as it sounds, I think I'm going to try and get her some cooking implements, because she loves to cook.

Yeah, mine's kinda the same, it's about 4 hrs there to Corpus, but I have only gone 3 times, and this will be four.

She's coming two weekends in a row the last 2 weeks of this month so it's ok.

• Members

Yeah, mine's kinda the same, it's about 4 hrs there to Corpus, but I have only gone 3 times, and this will be four.

She's coming two weekends in a row the last 2 weeks of this month so it's ok.

Lucky... I was 5 hrs drive away when I lived in NYC. Now it's a plane ride with a layover in Baltimore. I hated the drive, and I hate flying :mad:

• Members

{censored}, that's coming up eh? I better get on the ball.

My woman is cool as hell and we don't take this day very seriously but we try to do something. Funny quote from last year: "Here Apendecto, I asked the guy at the gas station if this beef jerky was any good."

:D

Yo.

• Members

My woman is cool as hell and we don't take this day very seriously but we try to do something. Funny quote from last year: "Here Apendecto, I asked the guy at the gas station if this beef jerky was any good."

:D

Yo.

That's how it should be! Two people that enjoy being together...nice and simple.

Archived