Mesa Titan V-12

In Absentia

• Members

Do you have the cash for the V-12? A 400+ is the same price...but you can get them used for less.

No cash for anything until the latter part of the year, but I don't think the last of the 400+'s will last that long. I never buy used (I'm paranoid about getting a lemon), so I'm already starting to look.

• Members

No cash for anything until the latter part of the year, but I don't think the last of the 400+'s will last that long. I never buy used (I'm paranoid about getting a lemon), so I'm already starting to look.

That's silly. I've never bought a new amp (or anything for that matter)...and I've never had a problem. As long as you do your research, you'll be fine. besides, saving a couple hundred bucks doesn't sound good to you? Let someone else lose the money...

• Members

That's silly. I've never bought a new amp (or anything for that matter)...and I've never had a problem. As long as you do your research, you'll be fine. besides, saving a couple hundred bucks doesn't sound good to you? Let someone else lose the money...

I know what you mean, but I've had a ton of problems out of every piece of used gear that I have ever bought. I like to know what is has been through. I might save that money up front, but could pay for it in the end when I have to repair a piece of gear that was abused (like the Tranny on my old 5150; should have just bought a new amp for the price of the new equipment and the repair fees).

• Members

Well just from the little I know/have heard, 1. very versatile w/ the dual channels and variable levels of EQ and drive per channel, and most if not all is footswitchable.

2. tone is going to be in the vein of the BB750, so if you like that, double the power (I think it's 590 or 600 @ 4 ohms) and options and you're good to go.

I like the tone of the M-pulse too much to change, although I wouldn't mind a 1000W version of it... ;)

There are some good reviews on TB about it. Check 'em out.

Archived