Kyuss

ToeJamFootball

• Members

Welcome to Sky Valley is their best, IMHO.

But after that comes "And the Circus Leaves Town" which is pretty good.

If you digg Kyuss, first get the early Desert Sessions, then the first QOSTA albums, then the later Desert Sessions, then the later QOTSA albums.

Then when you realize it's not as killer as Kyuss, pick up some Colour Haze, Sleep, Boris, Clutch, the Melvins, and lots and lots of Sabbath!

• Members

Blues from a Red Sun is pretty good. If I were you I would also check out some Monster Magnet (Super Judge is a good one) and some Atomic Bitchwax and Nebula. The older AB is a bit more out there than the newer stuff but they have some killer riffs.

I love Monster Magnet man :thu:

Getting right into Corrosion of Conformity too!

• Members

I already have all Sabbath's albums, they were one of the first metal bands I got into.

Seen Clutch 3 times
:thu:
And I love QOTSA, will check out those other bands too!

Colour Haze is one of my favorite bands, they are really quite fantastic. Get a couple different albums, some have a different sound to them. They're a lot clearer and more hi-fi than any Kyuss records but they still rock.

• Members

I love Monster Magnet man

Getting right into Corrosion of Conformity too!

Coc is a good band. I didn't care for their last album though. Except for Stone Breaker, man that's a bad ass song. A lot of people say COC's early stuff form the 80's when they were a hardcore band is better. I couldn't disagree with them more.

I'd recommend picking up America's volume dealer from them. That's probably my favorite.

Since you're into the whole riff rock thing (all cool people are) check out some old Budgie or Cactus. A lot of their songs are annoying but they do have some good gems in there. And if you can find it check out Eldmeur Krimm. You can find their myspace page through my bands myspace page. They are probably my favorite no name band.

• Members

Coc is a good band. I didn't care for their last album though. Except for Stone Breaker, man that's a bad ass song. A lot of people say COC's early stuff form the 80's when they were a hardcore band is better. I couldn't disagree with them more.

I'd recommend picking up America's volume dealer from them. That's probably my favorite.

Since you're into the whole riff rock thing (all cool people are) check out some old Budgie or Cactus. A lot of their songs are annoying but they do have some good gems in there. And if you can find it check out Eldmeur Krimm. You can find their myspace page through my bands myspace page. They are probably my favorite no name band.

Cool man, thanks! All the bands you've pointed me to so far I have liked so I'll definitely check them out!!

As for CoC, I have Deliverance, and the one with the pig on the front, can't think of what it's called.

• Members

Cool man, thanks! All the bands you've pointed me to so far I have liked so I'll definitely check them out!!

As for CoC, I have Deliverance, and the one with the pig on the front, can't think of what it's called.

That is because you have good taste :)

Wise Blood. Yea those two albums are pretty good. Deliverance is probably my #2 COC fav.

I have no doubt that you'll dig Eldemur Krimm. If you don't want to spend forever trying to find the album on shareware you can sometimes order it through the stonerrock.com store.

I've found a lot of off the wall albums through the review forums on that site.

• Members
That is because you have good taste
:)

Wise Blood. Yea those two albums are pretty good. Deliverance is probably my #2 COC fav.

I have no doubt that you'll dig Eldemur Krimm. If you don't want to spend forever trying to find the album on shareware you can sometimes order it through the stonerrock.com store.

I've found a lot of off the wall albums through the review forums on that site.

Sweet, will check it all out when I'm at my computer with DSL, currently on dialup :mad:I {censored}ing love Deliverence. Great solid album.

• Members

"When the circus leave town" and "Blues for the red sun" are my 2 fav Kyuss tunes. I saw them live a few times before disbanding in to QOTSA. I even got a chance to audition for Slowburn when they were forming. Didn't get the gig obviously.

As for CoC, my fav has always been Blind, but the others are good too.

• Members

Spinnin' Sky Valley Part III, this is some killer {censored}. Gonna have to get me some more, what do you guys recommend I check out first??

Dude everything they have... seriously. Blues for the Red Sun is my personal favorite...:love:

Scott Reeder is the {censored} btw. :eek:

• Members

"In 1996, Reeder just missed becoming the new bass player for the popular band Tool, the reason rumoured to be his preference of finger-style bass playing, instead of a pick-style, which would be more appropriate for that band."

Really???

EDIT: "He strings his bass guitar in reverse order to the usual method." As in GDAE?

• Members

Saw Clutch mentioned already. I'm not a big fan of Transnational, Beale Street, or Pure Rock Fury, but all their other albums are top notch in the riffage department. Check out What Would a Wookie Do. On Jam Room I think.

Take a peek at some Danko Jones as well. A bit different flavor of rock, but awesome bass tone, and some killer rock riffs.

• Members

Saw Clutch mentioned already. I'm not a big fan of Transnational, Beale Street, or Pure Rock Fury, but all their other albums are top notch in the riffage department. Check out What Would a Wookie Do. On Jam Room I think.

Take a peek at some Danko Jones as well. A bit different flavor of rock, but awesome bass tone, and some killer rock riffs.

I own every Clutch album, and IMO there are all top notch :thu: No such thing as a bad Clutch album.

Will check out bands mentioned above, saw a Fu Manchu shirt at a Clutch show, never heard of them before.

• Members

I own every Clutch album, and IMO there are all top notch
No such thing as a bad Clutch album.

Will check out bands mentioned above, saw a Fu Manchu shirt at a Clutch show, never heard of them before.

Fu Manchu has some pretty cool riffs but the guys voice just kills me after awhile. They do a pretty cool Car's cover off of their latest album

• Members

I agree with you on COC. Their new drummer can't hold a stick to Reed Mullin (the old dude). I listened to their new one (In the Arms of God) a few times and that was more than enough. I need to get Volume Dealer but Wise Blood and Deliverance are must haves.

Yo.

Archived