EHX pedals

gretschzildjian

• Members

Hey all,

I just got hold of an EHX Bassballs MIA reissue and it sounds great! Unfortunately it has the same flaw as my Q-Tron. Every time I stomp the switch I hear a thud. Can this be fixed? By replacing the switch for example. Anyone else experienced this with EHX pedals?

I know, they're notorious :rolleyes:

• Members

+1 to Anti. I had a pedal that said to do that in the instruction booklet and it usually clears the problem up.

I'm glad your Balls sounds good. If you want to tweak the tone, you have to open it up. It can be a fantastic filter, but its really a pain to get there sometimes.

I Like mine too and I've tried opening it up and tweaking but I could use a little direction on that. Any idea what those controls do? Maybe depth of the filter or some other feature that other pedals put on the outside?

• Members

I Like mine too and I've tried opening it up and tweaking but I could use a little direction on that. Any idea what those controls do? Maybe depth of the filter or some other feature that other pedals put on the outside?

Damned if I know.:freak:

I found the only reliable way to tweak it was to open it up, plug it in, play some notes and start twiddling the two little pots. On mine (black Russian) it seemed that one knob was more dominant. I think what they set is the frequency or something. I've found that with both my Balls and Dr. Q that turning the knob can make it respond better to bass frequencies.

• Members

Before turning your rig on, try turning the bassballs on and off a few times. Sometimes they'll get some static buildup issues with the switches. Turning them on and off a few times before getting down to playing can sometimes get rid of the popping.

Thanks, I'm gonna give that one a try...

• Members

if cycling the pedal on and off a couple of times before you used it didn't do the trick you're liable to have a bad switch.it's been years since i've been in one of those but, if it's anything like eh's other pedals, it could benefit by having the switch upgraded and being true bypassed.

Archived