ok..sooo.... who's got a cheap cab for sale?

Guttermouth

• Members

dude. you know the matching cabinet is sitting in the junkpile where union used to be don't you ?....

where's tim when you need him?

word....trying calling him several times, no avail. he's got kids from the school staying at his parents house all week cause their dorms were destoryed. did you get the amp up and running?

• Members

you just missed mine, sorry bro. I'm up in NE IN all the time thanks to this girl....haha.

you ever go to fort wayne? theres supposed to be an awesome band named brother playing at checkers friday night. I havent heard them yet, but have heard a lot about them

• Members

word....trying calling him several times, no avail. he's got kids from the school staying at his parents house all week cause their dorms were destoryed. did you get the amp up and running?

not yet. i did get all the damage repaired though.it's still got to have tubes,be biased and fired up to make sure the sockets are all in good shape.

it looks like a new amp now except the missing knob though and the transformer bells were almost a direct match. one of the mounting holes is a bit off but you can only see it when the amp is out of the headshell.

• Members

I could let one of my Peavey 1820 go.... just needs a crossover. It'd be a bitch to ship though.

man - i have been on the hunt for one of those for a while now.killer,killer sounding cabs.

you used to see them all the time in pawnshops super cheap but, they seem to have all dried up.and yes, shipping one would be almost impossible....

• Members

man - i have been on the hunt for one of those for a while now.killer,killer sounding cabs.

you used to see them all the time in pawnshops super cheap but, they seem to have all dried up.and yes, shipping one would be almost impossible....

I had one of the 2 shipped to me from Ohio... it was about $100. I don't think I would want much more than shipping for the one I'm looking to get rid of.

• Members

This is the one right here
:thu:
That head will sound killer through one of these.

Did you find the ampeg in a dumpster or something GM??

i picked up ninja's ampeg already but, if i had the money i would be all over that peavey as well.

the ampeg actually came in as a repair a while back from one of the local colleges (the one that was recently hit with the tornado).

the story i got from the band director was this :

the band was playing a gig on a parking lot (or something else concrete?) and one of the horn players either backed into or tried to move it. the whole stack fell over (they have the matching cab - the tall 215 )and the head fell off the cab and landed on the cement back side down.

the school board didn't want to spend the money the amp needed to be fixed and there was some pretty extensive damage done to it so i bought them a gk400rb and swapped them.the amp is mint cosmetic condition (except on the back where it hit the cement) and the guts are in good shape now.all i have left to do is put tubes in,bias it and check it out while it's running.

• Members

I'm selling my old Fender bassman 412 silverface cab as seen here, but I think shipping will be a deal killer. Its a big heavy bastage of a thing, but it's super old school cool!

DCP01648.jpg

I used to run 2 of these cabs with an old peavey MKIII head. I sold the blackface cab to the owner of the rehearsal studios I attend. I'm going to sell this cab and the old Peavey head to fund future GAS attacks.

oh man, I'd love to run my Genz through that some day...:)

Archived