Mytola and Remus, Your Basses are Finished

Kindness

• Moderators

Kindness is the G&L 5'r string spacing at the bridge 17mm like Mike Fitzwell said? Not questioning Mike mind you, he just gave a ballpark.

What do you mean by hefty neck?

I'll measure tonight. That sounds right, but I'll give you full details.

• Moderators

Plays nicer then your Hamers even?

The Hamers have a very narrow string spacing, even for being 5 stringers. This makes some techniques (slap for example) more difficult. Those types of issues aside, all of my basses play equally well (optimal fretwork, optimal nut slots, optimal setup for my playing style, optimal string tension, etc.). For the most part, all of the basses I work on leave my hands playing just as well (some people want things set up in ways I find detrimental to the overall playability, but if they like it better that way, they get what they want). This jag wins on "playability + versatility" over all other Jazz basses I've played. bpocall's still wins for jazz bass tone. My Hamers are still my personal favorites (I don't need versatility in a given bass as long as it does its one thing well).

• Members

It is all setup with a new nut and strung BEAD. I prefer it EADG, but you may or may not depending on the musical context in which you use it. In either case, you will have the strings and nut to switch back to EADG if you choose to in the future. The electronics are nice and it plays very well. Overall I think it is the easiest playing and most versatile jazz bass I've played.

The choice is there and I thought it was the perfect chance to try this set-up, since I play hard and use down tuning most of the time anyway.

Can't get over how pleased I am :D

• Members

Can't get over how pleased I am
:D

Dude, wait until you get it in your hands. I stopped by Kindness' today to check out his LDS cab and give him a box so he can ship the Jag out. It looks even better in person. Good call on the black pickguard/hardware. That bass is :love:

Archived