Guttermouth Electronics Logo

Incubitabus

• Members

I like it a lot! Would you be averse to sending the file to me at some stage, if GM doesn't look into it I'm thinking about putting that logo on my doom fuzz when it gets to me. I'll probably try and do some sorta retro spray paint on it but I'll see

Plus your avatar kicks ass too Incubitabus. Great album that one.

• Members

I like it a lot! Would you be averse to sending the file to me at some stage, if GM doesn't look into it I'm thinking about putting that logo on my doom fuzz when it gets to me. I'll probably try and do some sorta retro spray paint on it but I'll see

Plus your avatar kicks ass too Incubitabus. Great album that one.

It's GM's call, bit I'm fine with it. The full res version is print quality, and still in separated layers.

• Members

It's GM's call, bit I'm fine with it. The full res version is print quality, and still in separated layers.

hey man,

can you send me a non shadowed version? i'm gonna mess with it and try to make a stencil or screen or something. it's just too cool not to have on my pedals.

• Members

hey man,

can you send me a non shadowed version? i'm gonna mess with it and try to make a stencil or screen or something. it's just too cool not to have on my pedals.

E-mail sent. The TIFF file is big, but we're both on g-mail so the transfer should go pretty quickly.

• Members

Where's the thumb?

Nevermind, I don't think I want to know....

i fooled around with the "e" since it looks like a finger with a nail, but I figured that it made it look too clutered in the middle and/or too spread out on the rest. I toyed with the idea of ghosting it in, but again, too cluttered. I think the fingernail resolves the idea of a hand just fine.

• Members

hey man,

+1 The shadow effect does nothing to add to the logo. The word "Guttermouth" was done cleverly and really doesn't need anything else. Very nice job.

The only thing I don't like is the font for Electronics; it really doesn't fit. If anything, I'd use the same font as Guttermouth, but keep the all caps and the spacing you have. At this point, I'm nitpicking (because you asked). But I think changing the font would just give it that little extra to tie both lines of text together.

EDIT: Here's a pic to illustrate what I mean.

And sending a big tiff file for something as simple as this? I'd recommend finding out if the sign shop will use a tiff file for something of this size, or if they'll recreate it (given my experience in screenprinting, the small lettering may not be a tiff option). It's a 10 minute redraw in Illustrator that may save GM some cash if there are any art charges.

• Members

+1 The shadow effect does nothing to add to the logo. The word "Guttermouth" was done cleverly and really doesn't need anything else. Very nice job.

The only thing I don't like is the font for Electronics; it really doesn't fit. If anything, I'd use the same font as Guttermouth, but keep the all caps and the spacing you have. At this point, I'm nitpicking (because you asked). But I think changing the font would just give it that little extra to tie both lines of text together.

EDIT: Here's a pic to illustrate what I mean.

And sending a big tiff file for something as simple as this? I'd recommend finding out if the sign shop will use a tiff file for something of this size, or if they'll recreate it (given my experience in screenprinting, the small lettering may not be a tiff option). It's a 10 minute redraw in Illustrator that may save GM some cash if there are any art charges.

Haha. I just mentioned the tiff on here. I actually sent him 3 image files: a full-size (about 6"x2" @ 300dpi) jpeg with drop shadow (for anything he may want it for), a tiff with no shadow and a white background, again at full-size, and a full-size GIF with no shadow and no background, so he can put it on any background color he wants or more easily create decals.

I don't mind re-working it for GM, so if he likes your version more, I'd be happy to work with it more. I still have PSD's of my work (I used photoshop since I'm better with it than with illustrator).

Thanks for the input! :thu:

Archived