Some Club Owners Need to be Killed

burdizzos

• Members

We had a gig booked for th 16th. The {censored}ing owner decided to cancel today.

It's the second time this {censored}ing asshole has {censored}ed us since we've been playing there.

I guess we need to get our {censored} together and go corporate so we can start getting contracts for this kind of {censored}.

Right now, I want to drive over there and kick the {censored} out of that fat {censored}.

I guess he spent all of his band money on coke and can only afford to book bands that play southern {censored}ing rock since that's what his dumb ass likes. Never mind the fact that we always have a good turnout there and we make him money.

The part that pisses me off more than anything is that the pathetic mother{censored}er is too chicken {censored} to call me. He has his myspace skank email the band through myspace.

I am trying like hell to keep cool and not create a bad name for the band by going off on this piece of {censored}, but damn.

• Members

I wouldn't play there again.

We played a club where the guy tried similar {censored}. We mutually agreed that there wouldn't be a cover for the gig that we played there and promoted it as such. We found the guy and his flunky out front collecting $5 per. We called him on it and he came inside and raised the drink prices.

This was our first gig there. I pleaded with the band to drop this place. We booked there a couple more times.

The last time we played there he tried to stiff us on the agreed $$. Our singer went off on him and we haven't been back despited repeated emails and phone calls over the last year or so.

• Members

Denigrate his establishment back to the stone age, {censored} him!!!
:idea:

I don't know about that, but yeah, I'd actually have someone from the band contact him and tell him, preferably face to face, that the band is "firing" him and his club, and will never play there, or for him, again, and that they're putting the word out to other bands.

Club owners like to act like they're little gods in their own little worlds and have all the power, and can treat bands like crap. It's simply not true, and there's no sense in letting them get away with it.

Of course, if a band were to start using this technique inappropriately and indiscriminately, the word would conversely also get out among club owners.

Be honest and deal "straight up", and you ought to eventually connect with club owners who are the same.

In theory.

• Members

I always had a 2 week cancel clause in my booking contract. You try to cancel within 2 weeks of a gig and you still paid us. You have to have time to rebook the gig.

Yes.

I had a club cancel on me the day of...because it was Good Friday :rolleyes:

In fact, we would have driven the 2 hours to get there if I hadn't called to ask a small detail. Contracts are your friend, had to learn that the hard way.

• Members

Really? Killed? Beat up? Over canceling a gig?

Do you behead the drummer if he misses a fill?
:D

When the drummer misses a fill, it doesn't cost me money.

This {censored}ing coke head is reneging on an oral agreement.

It's the second time he's done this.

We will not be playing there again until he sells the place, which he will ultimately do because, as I said, he's a {censored}ing coke head.

• Members

how willing are club owners to sign a contract that you bring in? i'm just curious because they are such a pain in the ass to deal with w/o a contract.

You'll find one of two things: either clubs with stupid owners who sign it and don't think anything of it, usually because they are either good owners or because they get scared of the contract, or you'll get a different grade of clubs. The contract is for both the owner and the act. It not only guarantees that they pay you for playing or if they cancel, but also guarantees that you'll play for the agreed length of time and at the right time.

If you are professional musicians with a professional contract, you'll get professional gigs.

:thu:

• Members

If you are professional musicians with a professional contract, you'll get professional gigs.

i agree but i know how hard it is to even get gigs. they don't want to pay you when they can get a DJ for less than half your price. i've only run into one bar here that double books and we quit playing there years ago. they had more than one person that booked the bands and they never talked to each other. z-x still plays there so i guess they have that worked out now.

• Members

i agree but i know how hard it is to even get gigs. they don't want to pay you when they can get a DJ for less than half your price. i've only run into one bar here that double books and we quit playing there years ago. they had more than one person that booked the bands and they never talked to each other. z-x still plays there so i guess they have that worked out now.

Good places will also realize that DJ's are boring a {censored} and only bring in half the crowd that bands will.

Why would I go to a club to listen to music that i could listen to at home for free? :rolleyes:

• Members

Spend about $10 on copies and make good looking fliers saying that some "big name" band(nickelback/seether/papa roach/ect) is playing there and there's free drinks till 1a.m.

I mean go all out too.. like the night of or the day before take a few fliers to a big radio station around there.

END RESULT

People show up and there's no band so they are a little angry... but they say "What the hell there's free drinks right?!?", but there aren't. People then get very angry and word spreads fast about this owner and his lying piece of {censored} club.

Problem solved :thu:

• Members

Spend about $10 on copies and make good looking fliers saying that some "big name" band(nickelback/seether/papa roach/ect) is playing there and there's free drinks till 1a.m.

I mean go all out too.. like the night of or the day before take a few fliers to a big radio station around there.

END RESULT

People show up and there's no band so they are a little angry... but they say "What the hell there's free drinks right?!?", but there aren't. People then get very angry and word spreads fast about this owner and his lying piece of {censored} club.

Problem solved

Ha! That's funny.

• Members

Christ on a crutch!

My drummer apparently called that place today and asked what we had done wrong and if we could still play there Saturday for less money without talking to the rest of the band first.

I'm not sure who has pissed me off more. I'll be damned if I'm going to step foot in that place again and I sure as {censored} am not going to play for less than what was promised to me.

• Members

Christ on a crutch!

My drummer apparently called that place today and asked what we had done wrong and if we could still play there Saturday for less money without talking to the rest of the band first.

I'm not sure who has pissed me off more. I'll be damned if I'm going to step foot in that place again and I sure as {censored} am not going to play for less than what was promised to me.

Wow.

:freak:

I wouldn't blame you if you didn't show up...

;)

• Members

Christ on a crutch!

You know for a Pimp, you sure don't know how to keep your bitches in line.

• Members

Christ on a crutch!

So now will you behead the drummer?

:D

Archived