Post your Precisions!

ToeJamFootball

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nice!

You play predominately at the neck I take it?

I really dont think I could hack having those bridge and pup covers on
:idk:

Either side of the guard. I'm not sure I like it, but it sure looks badassed, so I've left it on.

Actually, playing below the guard, I lay my thumb on the guard, and use it as a locater, and it gives me a punchier tone. Right above the guard, I get more of a classic fretless tone. And then I start crawling up the fretboard, and get more of a synthy-ized tone. But yeah, if I were to build a custom, I'd leave it off.

• Members

Either side of the guard. I'm not sure I like it, but it sure looks badassed, so I've left it on.

Actually, playing below the guard, I lay my thumb on the guard, and use it as a locater, and it gives me a punchier tone. Right above the guard, I get more of a classic fretless tone. And then I start crawling up the fretboard, and get more of a synthy-ized tone. But yeah, if I were to build a custom, I'd leave it off.

lol you vain git :D

it really does look awesome though :thu:

• Members

^

Oh, Sweet Baby Jeebus in a side-car...
:love:

Karl, you are a bastage. You have a sweet fretless P, a brace of Epi 260s, a YBA 200, etc etc ad nauseum.

I should really hate your @ss, but I can't bring myself to it.

:D

Why Thank You Thumper!

You're welcome to visit whenever and try them out.

Actually, I have to be honest. I've been lucky in finding deals, having good taste and no car payment, and some excellent timing. Most of my life trudges troddingly slowly against anything like this.

:) So glad you approve!

This year is going to be much rougher, and I may have to cancel the one and only purchase I planned.

• Members
actually lug my old friend , you'd probably be proud of me as i have come to respect these basses for what they are .... recycled coffee tables lol :poke:

When did you start posting again? You just missed a 400 billion page thread on how great Lava cables are compared to "ordinary" ones. You'd have loved it...the picofarads were being thrown all over the forum! :D BTW, Fenders are firewood...GET A G&L!

• Members
When did you start posting again? You just missed a 400 billion page thread on how great Lava cables are compared to "ordinary" ones. You'd have loved it...the picofarads were being thrown all over the forum!
BTW, Fenders are firewood...GET A G&L!

oh jesus not another one of those 1500.00 cable threads again lol yeah i'm here every now and then

• Members
yammyP.jpg

That's my modded '57 reissue. Not much '57 about it in that pic, it still had the Moses neck on it then. I've since put the '57 neck back on and like it much better. It has a Dimarzio X2N-B at the bridge, Willpower Middle for a P pup, Badass II bridge, chrome pickguard. The back pickup is switchable for front/rear/both coils. Front pickup is series/parallel. Two volumes, no tone. I will be changing the rear pickup switch to series/parallel and changing out the pots for 500k stacks, tone/volume and adding .022 Orange Drop caps on both tone pots.

My other P in this picture is a Yamaha Attitude Custom with a JAF-made neck. It doesn't get any play these days, I've also got an Attitude II Ltd. that does, seafoam green.

Archived