New Warwick Limited bass

Incubitabus

• Moderators

Yuk. I generally think wicks are ugly, but to me that one takes the cake.

Blech..............

There was a week and a half in 1997 that I thought they weren't the ugliest basses in common use. I was wrong.

Not to intrude on the Warwick love here. Style is personal, so if that does it for you, great. It leaves more attractive instruments for me. :wave:

• Members

There was a week and a half in 1997 that I thought they weren't the ugliest basses in common use. I was wrong.

Not to intrude on the Warwick love here. Style is personal, so if that does it for you, great. It leaves more attractive instruments for me.
:wave:

Same here. And they sound great. just not my bag. at all.

• Members

:love:

Here's a little more info on it.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=111401713&blogID=353371605

Thursday, January 31, 2008

First look: The Star Bass II

It has taken me some time after the NAMM show to finally get back to writing for this site, and boy do I have some great things to write about! Over the next few weeks I will be giving you some sneak pics on the new Warwick gear that will be coming out this year.

The first new bass that I want to talk about is the Star Bass II. Warwick is re-issuing their version of the classic Framus Star Bass, which is a hollowbody bass with an incredible warmth and tons of sustain.

The Star Bass II features a laminated Bubinga top and back, with solid bubinga sides. It also comes with an ovangkol neck with a wenge fingerboard, 34-inch scale length and 21 frets. (It should be noted that Warwick is staying true to the original Framus Star Bass by only making it in a 4-string version.)

The bass comes loaded with two MEC CRB passive pickups that are warm and classic sounding, but studio-quiet in their operation.

Enough with specs - let's get to how it plays and sounds! During the NAMM show I had many opportunites to play the Star Bass II and the neck is silky smooth and very easy to play. The tone is wonderful and can even handle a little overdrive if you want to get that "buzzy" early-Rock sound. I should be clear that if you play modern metal music, or you want to slap a lot, this bass probably will not be the best option for you. If you do play blues, jazz or classic rock - or you just want a fat tone with a ton of sustain - then the Star Bass II could be the perfect bass for you.

The Warwick Star Bass II is due to hit the USA in May of 2008. You will definitely want to give this beautiful bass a test drive!

• Members

I think I'm in love!

2292.jpg

http://www.rocketmusic.net/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=2292

Ok, I didn't bother to read the description on this thing, but apparently its #1 in the series, and its the only 2008 LTD in the United States (until August). If it's stil at the shop when I drive through the area next week, I'm going to stop and check it out....

:thu::thu::thu:

• Members

The Streamers are Warwicks best basses IMO. Very comfortable to play. that one is gorgeous IMO. If you are into standard body styles, of course you won't like it..but for me it's a great looking bass and different from what they've done in the past, which I always found to be too gawdy.

Dan

• Members

The Streamers are Warwicks best basses IMO. Very comfortable to play. that one is gorgeous IMO. If you are into standard body styles, of course you won't like it..but for me it's a great looking bass and different from what they've done in the past, which I always found to be too gawdy.

Dan

I like the style of the Streamers and the Thumbs. All others kinda look like they were a good idea in the designer's head, but didn't translate well. And I'm a fan of Warwicks (obviously).

Archived