Best bass for under $25 bucks

Goofball Jones

• Moderators

Funnily enough, I think T-brooms infamous duct tape bass cost under $25. He loves the thing! Of course it's had a Kindness setup
;)

I think it just missed the $25 cutoff ($29?) and factoring in the shipping and new pots, jack, wiring, etc. it's already over double that amount. ;)

• Members

I got my first ibanez, an exb 504, black on black, triangle inlays, at the time it was less than a month old. Got it for 5 bucks! I knew this guy who got a check from his dad the first of every month, well, he was into instruments and drugs, and he'd go on spending sprees and smoking binges and two weeks into the month he'd be broke and selling things off. He bought the ibanez, and a crate full stack. He decided to sell the stack to finance his habits, and needed help loading and unloading so he asked me, then he asked if I'd go with him to the music store, and asked me to borrow 5 bucks for gas. When we got home, I asked him for my five bucks (since he just got paid for the amp) he said he didnt get enough out of the amp to pay the bills and asked if he could just give me the ibanez and we could call it even!! sounds like total BS but its a TRUE story I swear. Worst thing, I was playing a party about 10 years later and he was there, saw the bass and wanted it back.

Archived