GIGSPAM!!! Cahrity concert for Autism Speaks 2/23

Jugghaid

• Members

This one looks better, but for a charity gig I think the focus of the flyer should be more about the cause and the fact it is a charity gig. Maybe list the bands below it in smaller text, or around it.
:idk:

Eh. I don't make the flyers.....They just asked me to play and I paid the up front costs. It's their project. Hell, I don't even know if we're going on second or third or headlining to be honest. :D

• Members

Jugghaid is a god.

He managed to get the most overtly hipster, indie-oriented club in Denver to book a night of metal bands.

I'm not worthy. I gotta know how much you paid Ben to call you back, because he wouldn't even return Myth Lab's emails, even after I talked to him face-to-face about booking us. If you're not an "indie" band, you don't get booked at the Hi-Dive.

Unless you're Jugghaid, apparently. :D

I'll try to make it out.

C7

• Members

Jugghaid is a god.

He managed to get the most overtly hipster, indie-oriented club in Denver to book a night of metal bands.

I'm not worthy. I gotta know how much you paid Ben to call you back, because he wouldn't even return Myth Lab's emails, even after I talked to him face-to-face about booking us. If you're not an "indie" band, you don't get booked at the Hi-Dive.

Unless you're Jugghaid, apparently.
:D

I'll try to make it out.

C7

Definitely try and make it bro. It's gonna be a lot of fun. That place hasn't been as loud as we're gonna make it in a LONG time. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, the gig went pretty well, considering my singer had the flu and couldn't really do his thing nearly as much as normal. had to drop a lot of stuff down and by the end of the set could barely speak let alone sing. :)

I was just as bad after screaming and yelling all night for the other bands.

But the Stingray sounded fricking fantasic. :D:D Just as well that we went on last as a lot of people had bailed by that time and with brian's voice shot, I'm kinda glad we had the last spot.

But, overall it went really well and the main thing is that we raised over $1000 for the charity. I'm really proud of my guys for all their hard work putting this thing together. They did a great job raising money for a really worthy cause.

Thanks for showing up C7, it was great seeing you again. Oh, and "The President is Evil". :D

• Members

Sounds like a great time, and a sucessful gig - if I was anywhere near there, I would've loved to have gone...

- georgestrings

Woulda been good to have you there. A good time was had by all. It was fun to get out and gig again, even with the glitches. My new guitar player had a migrane to boot. :freak:

good warm-up gig though and nex ttime hopefully will go a lot smoother.

• Members

Thanks for showing up C7, it was great seeing you again. Oh, and "The President is Evil".

No, it's "Tha Prezeedant ess evall". Mon.

I wonder if he heard me yell "Mike Huckabee!!" when he was plugging for Obama.:D

Kick ass set, I left about 3/4 through it to beat some of the Dewey traffic. Let me know when you're playing again. Also, I've got me a prog/hard rock project in the works, maybe we can get some bills going.

C7

• Members

No, it's "Tha Prezeedant ess evall". Mon.

I wonder if he heard me yell "Mike Huckabee!!" when he was plugging for Obama.

Kick ass set, I left about 3/4 through it to beat some of the Dewey traffic. Let me know when you're playing again. Also, I've got me a prog/hard rock project in the works, maybe we can get some bills going.

C7

{censored}in' A man. Any time you want to do a show, lemme know.

Archived