Vintage Yamaha w/bad preamp replace with????

BASSDAD

• Members

I 've got a vintage Yamaha BB1110S with a bad 18v preamp( 1/2 the power to the board is fried). My regular tech says it needs a d/c'd circut board that he can't find.

Any suggestions on a replacement? It had P/J style pickups. It still works as good a passive bass.

It's a '79 thru early-mid eighties as far as anyone can guess.

Thanks!

• Members

What kind of tone are you going for? Do you like it as a passive bass? Or did you prefer it as an active bass when it worked.

Good clean sounds and some heavier. Some fuzz.

It's kicks ass passive. Have never heard the active tone. It only comes on as a weak signal w/ half power.

It has a pre-amp on/off toggle so getting it to work would be good.

• Members

OK . I see audere does that as well
:thu:

I'm confused. Audere makes preamps...not boards. If your preamp board is fried, it would be much easier just to replace the entire preamp. In fact, I've never heard of one replacing the board...

Other notable companies to check out would be Aguilar, Bartolini, John East, Seymour Duncan...

It all depends on what you want to do and how you want it to sound. Make sure you do plenty of research to find exactly what you want. They make them with so many options these days...

Also, check www.bestbassgear.com when you want to buy. They have a great selection, will order anything you need, go above and beyond to make you happy, and have good prices too. I'm not affiliated with them...just a very satisfied customer.

• Members

I'm confused. Audere makes preamps...not boards. If your preamp board is fried, it would be much easier just to replace the entire preamp. In fact, I've never heard of one replacing the board...

Other notable companies to check out would be Aguilar, Bartolini, John East, Seymour Duncan...

It all depends on what you want to do and how you want it to sound. Make sure you do plenty of research to find exactly what you want. They make them with so many options these days...

Also, check
www.bestbassgear.com
when you want to buy. They have a great selection, will order anything you need, go above and beyond to make you happy, and have good prices too. I'm not affiliated with them...just a very satisfied customer.

Thanks.

At this point I just want to replace the preamp. Theboard has not been made since the mid 80's. I'll try bestbass.

• Members

What I'm trying to say though...is the board is the preamp.

Aha! Now I see the issue. Apparently this thing has a replacable power board separate from the rest of the pre amp (don't know how buit the tech told me) this part was used for only 3 years or so and is apparently impossible to find. Maybe that's why I'm having trouble saying what I mean.:)

• Members

Aha! Now I see the issue. Apparently this thing has a replacable power board separate from the rest of the pre amp (don't know how buit the tech told me) this part was used for only 3 years or so and is apparently impossible to find. Maybe that's why I'm having trouble saying what I mean.
:)

Gotcha!!! Makes perfect sense now! :thu:

• Members

:(

Did you see the one I just completed?

IMG_0358.jpg

You know that caught my eye the when it was posted the other day.

I just want you to give it the once over.

Mine is black. I wonder what the pickguard and hardware would do for the look?????????

Archived