Anyone got a Line 6 LowDown LD300 Bass Amp?

Kid Klash

• Members

A friend is looking at smaller combo modeling bass amps (he's a pro, and has been using an SVT head and 8x10 for years) to have something to take to smaller gigs. The Line 6 has caught his eye, in that he tried one out with a 5 string bass, and was impressed how it handled the B string. I did a search here, but couldn't find anything. You got one of these amps? What do you like/dislike about it? Have you had any technical problems with it? You like another smallish amp better, even with a 5 string bass?

:confused:

THANKS!

• CMS Author

I've had the LD150 about a year now. I also play an SVT (-CL) as my 'real' rig, and use this for practice.

I like it, a lot actually. It's a one-stop shop with the effects, tuner, and the models are good (nothing will emulate the SVT, but this has a nice grind).

Now last week someone posted here saying his LD150 blew a speaker right quick in a gig, and that he was unimpressed with what they use and replaced it with something else.

I don't play a 5'er but I tried a few on this and the LD300 in the stores while I was ruminating the purchase. It did the job IMO as well as any small combo could be expected.

• Members

I usually use one of these to tune up when I plug in at Guitar Center just because its there. Ive played through them and they are decent for a smaller combo. Line 6 does use cheaper speakers in all of their cabs. Ive blown 2 of their guitar speakers at lower volumes. Replaced them with some Celestions and havent had a problem since with my guitar cab.

• Members

I have a studio 110 and love it. I prefer the sound of the studio 110 to the bigger combos, and it's a lot lighter. It's 75W and could keep up with a drummer for a coffeeshop/jazz gig and for bigger shows, it would do OK as a personal monitor if there's strong PA support and you pick it up off the ground.

• Members

I have a Line6 LD 300 Pro as my small amp. I also have a large Genz-Benz rig. I really like the LD300 Pro. It's been very reliable and versatile as well as sounding great. When I use it at gigs, i'm often using it with PA support which obviousely helps. But i've also used it in the studio and got gret results, especially when using the effects. I started off buying a LD150, but took it back within a month to buy the LD300 Pro because it just wasn't quite enough for what I needed it for neither was the LD175.

If you plug a 1/4" jack into the headphone input jack and plug a XLR into the DI, the speaker shuts off. You can set the tone and effects as you like and the signal will go directly to the sound board. This is great when recording direct.

If you plug headphones into the headphone jack and a mini jack into the CD/MP3 input with the other end pluged into your Ipod, you can play along with the music on your Ipod and not disrupt anyone around you.

TD

PS - I only play Musicman Stringray 5's.

Archived