$1,949.99

Rowka

• Members

I did the email thing two years ago to get MF's price...$975. I know Ric was long overdue for a price increase .....but DAAAYUUUM!
:eek:

No {censored}. If I'd known that my '05 was "investment grade", I'd have taken better care of it.

Hell, I could retire in ten years with the compounding proceeds.

• Members

When did you order that thing? It's been forever.

Memorial Day, 07.

Edit: I just called and checked...guy said the end of Feb at the earliest. Seemed like he was just being overly optimistic. Mainly I wanted to make sure my order was still active. MF has made some crafty backorder cancellation maneuvers on me in the past.

So...hangin on.

• Members

Does everyone just want a Ric or do they want the Ric sound? I've never played one, I'd be interested in trying one though.

That's kind of something you have to discover on your own. If you want both, then the Ric is for you. If you find that you don't want one of the two, then the Ric probably isn't for you. That's why you see so many Rics going flippity-flop on here.

• Members

Does everyone just want a Ric or do they want the Ric sound? I've never played one, I'd be interested in trying one though.

Like you...I have never played one, but I'm strangely drawn to them. I wouldn't mind getting one...but as a 4 banger it wouldn't get much play...so kinda pointless.

• Members

I recon there's a variety of motives out there. I liked the sound and the look. Now that I have the 4004L I like the feel too. The 4003 had too much bling for me. All that rear pickup stuff makes for an uncomfortable thumb rest. Others might not mind it.

• Members

Like you...I have never played one, but I'm strangely drawn to them. I wouldn't mind getting one...but as a 4 banger it wouldn't get much play...so kinda pointless.

I like the look of the Midnight Blue one, but I hear so much about people not liking the tone, the feel or both (and the price!). I need to find one to try.

• Members

for me, it was about trying one of the few basses i had always lusted for and never owned. i happened to stumble on mine for $1100 shipped one sunday afternoon while i was at work, so i bought it.

i still love the sound, but just never bonded with the way they feel in my hands. so i flipped it, and kindness and i are in the process of building a frankenbacker.

Archived