SWR Redhead

REMUS

• Members

they are amazing... there's one in my store, which i always play through when trying out a new instrument there.... it's a really special combo, but its way overpriced in my store, because its an actual Redhead, not the a new one, the Super Readheads.... the older ones are the real deal... the ones.... meh...

• Members

I have owned the 700rb-ii before, what are the main differences?

there are more knobs on the gk to play with than the swr. other than that, the main thing would be the sound of the amp. i think the gk is louder. what it really depends on is the sound you are looking for. to me it is like gk=flea, swr super readhead=marcus miller. both are top of the line.

• Members

there are more knobs on the gk to play with than the swr. other than that, the main thing would be the sound of the amp. i think the gk is louder. what it really depends on is the sound you are looking for. to me it is like gk=flea, swr super readhead=marcus miller. both are top of the line.

I actually prefer it when there are fewer controls, because it just leads to endless tweaking :p

• Members

From what you guys have said it seems worth it Craig, I was just trying ascertain if the general consensus was that it is worthy of such a hefty price tag. I know the final judge, jury and executioner is me, i'll see what I can do :thu:

• Members

From what you guys have said it seems worth it Craig, I was just trying ascertain if the general consensus was that it is worthy of such a hefty price tag. I know the final judge, jury and executioner is me, i'll see what I can do
:thu:

I have a bit o' experience with the SUPER Redhead.

I think, for what it is, it's fairly priced. If you want a hyped sort of hi fi sound, the SuperRedhead will give it to you very much so. I found it to have a growly kind of grunt to it, yet still be very clear the whole time. The preamp is simple & elegant...the best kind! ;) If all this sounds good to you, go for it.

• Members

...I'll +1 to what Rowka said as far as blown speakers, I had an Eden Metro combo and I blew both the speakers and had to replace em, I was using a 410 extension cab but it was rated at 8 ohms whereas the metro's cab was rated at 4 ohms and from what I was told by Eden is that the 210 will draw more of the power from the amp at 4 ohms which is probably why I blew the 10's in the Metro cause I'm always pushing alot of lows.

• Members

I've been die-ing to try out a BBB! What details can you give about your experience?

Tried it with a Fender MIM Jazz, the pickup hum was annoying at times. Very clean and clear, the Aural Enchancer was a nice touch. Pretty small, compact and light (not Markbass crazy-light, but still very little) and the controls were responsive. It was possible to get a good little growl out of it.

Overall left me with a good impression, and curious to try it out with my Warwick and upright.

• Members

In the advert she says 400w RMS, with an extension cab?

That's the new one. Back in the day they had a RH...like maybe late 80's early 90's...then in the late 90's early 00's they came out with the SRH. It seems as though they have made a reissue of the original RH with more wattage now. It's 400w with the 2X10...650w with an extension.

It could be off with those dates...but the new RH was just released in 08'

• Members

I'm pretty sure it's a "Redhead" and not a Super Redhead from the head layout...

So it must be the 240w RMS version or 300w RMS with a 4 Ohm extension?

That's what I'm thinking as well. The SRH...say SUPER REDHEAD right on the front of the head...you can't miss it.

• Members

I was hoping it would be more powerful than that, but my old trace was pretty stupidly loud at 350w rms driving a similar speaker surface area (4x10+1x15) and the RH will be driving 2x10 or 8x10.

Guess we shall see eh :D

Cheers mang :thu:

Archived