I have GAS...

Death Hands

• Members

It's sort of over my head, for once.

I think I could do with a Mike Lull jazz... The M5. Maple board, OBP-3, maybe black hardware, depending on the finish...

I'll just take this one, though...

M5_778.jpg

I'll probably get one.

In fifteen years.

I'd like one fretted and one fretless(unlined ebony, yeahhh). That'd be amazing.

The next step is to get some knowhow so I can justify owning such badass pieces of awesome. :p

I also have some GAS for a Traben of some sort. For some reason, they appeal to me. Ramblegassrambleawesome.

And blame Bryan Beller for turning me on to the M5.

[YOUTUBE]YS7NXRQXem4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]oHV13tpydFA[/YOUTUBE]

Edit:

And I LOVE Mike Keneally... Especially with Beller in le acoustik.

[YOUTUBE]dZuFUak4sV8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RXAcJdYFYjM[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

If you want one, save all you can and don't buy a bunch of other gear until you reach your goal for a Lull, or whichever other nice bass you want. Don't cut into any neccessary funds for any bass, but just keep putting away what you can when you can, and it really won't take as long as you think to build up a nice bass fund. Key is to not waste any money on other stuff that you don't absolutely need, like a bunch of pedals, low end 'backup' basses, new rigs etc. Use what you have until you can spring for what you really want in the end without all the money wasting middle steps. I know you have a workable rig ;), and it will do the job for you for a while yet. Save save save!:cool:

• Members

If you want one, save all you can and don't buy a bunch of other gear until you reach your goal for a Lull, or whichever other nice bass you want. Don't cut into any neccessary funds for any bass, but just keep putting away what you can when you can, and it really won't take as long as you think to build up a nice bass fund. Key is to not waste any money on other stuff that you don't absolutely need, like a bunch of pedals, low end 'backup' basses, new rigs etc. Use what you have until you can spring for what you really want in the end without all the money wasting middle steps. I know you have a workable rig
;)
, and it will do the job for you for a while yet. Save save save!
:cool:

Oh, man, I know, but I'm currently jobless(hopefully this ends next month, for the season), and it just hit me this evening. Haha. I've found my niche with my cheap instruments, so I'll be good on that for a long while, and, as we've well asserted, the rig is Godly. :p:thu:

Thanks for the encouragement. :) I will be doing that, as soon as is possible, all things considered.

These sort of look like my "dream" basses, if that makes sense. I LOVE JJ setups, I dig 5 strings, I love the presence of an active electronics setup, I've wanted a Jazz with 24 frets, etc,etc,etc. It just amazed me this evening, for some reason. Haha. :D

• Members

If you want one, save all you can and don't buy a bunch of other gear until you reach your goal for a Lull, or whichever other nice bass you want. Don't cut into any neccessary funds for any bass, but just keep putting away what you can when you can, and it really won't take as long as you think to build up a nice bass fund. Key is to not waste any money on other stuff that you don't absolutely need, like a bunch of pedals, low end 'backup' basses, new rigs etc. Use what you have until you can spring for what you really want in the end without all the money wasting middle steps. I know you have a workable rig
;)

Easy for you to say Mr private jet pilot/git :mad:

;):D

• Members

Looks hot!

ANd, I enjoyed that video clip of the metal guy finger picking.

He's a killer player and one badass person. I've exchanged some writing with him, and he's really humble and seems rather fun. I may hop up to Nashville and study under him for a while, at some point. :)

• Members

Easy for you to say Mr private jet pilot/git
:mad:

;):D

It's the truth though. I was somehow able to save up enough for my Eden/Epifani rig while I was making a whopping 22K a year and trying to stay afloat in a super expensive area. Don't know how I did that, but it's possible.:cool:

• Members

Every player needs a dream bass, and every player deserves a dream bass. The work that you will put into saving up for it will only make it sweeter on NBD, believe me. So between now and then, your goal is to learn everything about what you like and dislike in a bass, and make sure your dream bass fits your hands, ears and eyes better than any bass you've ever picked up.

It's the truth though. I was somehow able to save up enough for my Eden/Epifani rig while I was making a whopping 22K a year and trying to stay afloat in a super expensive area. Don't know how I did that, but it's possible.

Oh, I have no doubt that it'll be much more fulfilling to have it totally out of my own pocket and by my own means. :)

That's one thing I'm not sure of. I'm not picky about much, and that may make for a bland custom-ish experience. I've liked bigger radiused necks, I've liked smaller radiused necks. Sometimes, I like a superwide string spacing, sometimes I really dig a smaller spacing. Etcetera. That makes me think I'll end up with several basses of a "custom" quality.

Actually, the only thing I can think of in a negative capacity is overall quality, and the use of split coil pickups(and these are even desireable sometimes). That's about it. Haha.

And that's fairly inspiring. :thu: Good on you, man. :)

• Members

;)

GREAT ADVICE if you have the will and discipline to follow it . . .

But, hanging out here on the GAS-board, exposed to fine or otherwise desirable instruments and other sweet equipment daily . . . well, Good Luck.

Archived