So after a long break...(also, wireless kits)

AunShui

• Members

I'm back!

I've been working hard at film school, learning a ton and having a splendid time. My old band broke up, and i recently joined a new band that is VERY ambitious. We're in the studio right now finishing up our demo, and the mixdown will hopefully be on President's day, so i should be able to upload some tracks by next week. If some of you want to check us out and tell me how much i'm a lazy bastage and need to practice more, that'd be cool. I've been told to describe us as Hard Rock, and I sometimes like to call it "Melodic Pearl Jam on steroids." For you NYC forumites, i'll post gig info if you'd like to come hang out.

On a related note: what do we think about wireless kits? Cool? Stupid? Totally 80's? Will my Shure PGX handle things well enough live or do i have to spring for something that'll cost an arm and a leg?

• Members

Thanks all! What have you guys been up to?

I'm saving up for my next axe, probably a modulus 5er but i don't have the scratch for it just yet, probably another year at least.

So please, whatever you do, DO NOT post modulus pictures, or i'll get terrible GAS ;) .

• Members

It's not so much that i dislike my current unit (i happen to love it), i'm just thinking that bigger stages + more money at stake per gig means that more reliable and powerful gear might be in order.

I'm more asking about wireless kit usage. When you see a band walk on stage with wireless, do they come off as rich/snobby? Pretentious? More/less professional? Does sound quality degradation not make cheaper kits viable for larger gigs?

Archived