Susan Sarandon to move to Canada if McCain is elected....

bassthumpintwin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CMS Author

My favorite of the past election defection threats wasn't even a defection....Elton John, oh pardon Sir Elton John stated quite emphatically (as flamers are wont to do) that if Bush was elected, he wouldn't set foot in the US again.

If I'm not mistaken I've seen old Reggie at the Wachovia Center in Philly, and at Celine's personal theater at Caesar's in Vegas, where he was, if not still is, performing whenever Dion was not.

But none of these threats are surprising. After all, they come from people who are so {censored}ing spoiled they probably have someone wipe their ass, and then fire the poor bastard after every {censored}. When they don't get their way, hissy-fits are expected.

• Members

I've always had the hots for Susan Sarandon, but her political statements make her seem loopy. She said she would leave the country if George W. Bush was elected, and two elections later she's still here. She's not going anywhere, which is good for our eyes :love: but bad for our ears :blah:

• Members

i just wanna say - i don't know if i could go on living if all the "celebrities" that threatened to move actually did so. my life would lose all meaning - i mean, really, how could i go about my day to day activities knowing that susan sarandon and alec baldwin no longer shared the air in the same country i live in?

oh god, i think i may be getting a bit queasy just thinking about it...

• CMS Author

I've always had the hots for Susan Sarandon, but her political statements make her seem loopy. She said she would leave the country if George W. Bush was elected, and two elections later she's still here. She's not going anywhere, which is good for our eyes
:love:
but bad for our ears
:blah:

Let her go. We can still enjoy her yaboes from Canada or Italy or wherever. You don't really think she'd refuse to do work that was shown (read; sold) in the US, do you?

And even if she did, I'm sure her breasts can be seen from space. We've got the technology.......

• Members

As much as I disagree with the majority of political sentiment here, I do agree with the general consensus on these idle celebrity "threats", though, regardless of which side they come from. I'm actually somewhat embarrassed that this silliness seems more prevalent amongst celebrities who identify themselves with the progressive side, though "regressives" as I call them aren't immune from it either, there's more than a few right-wing windbags guilty of similar nonsense.

• CMS Author

As much as I disagree with the majority of political sentiment here, I do agree with the general consensus on these idle celebrity "threats", though, regardless of which side they come from. I'm actually somewhat embarrassed that this silliness seems more prevalent amongst celebrities who identify themselves with the progressive side, though "regressives" as I call them aren't immune from it either, there's more than a few right-wing windbags guilty of similar nonsense.

Like who? I always enjoy equal time.

• Members
As much as I disagree with the majority of political sentiment here

I don't know, the dems were winning the political alignment poll earlier. You being hardcore makes you in the hardcore majority!