Susan Sarandon to move to Canada if McCain is elected....

bassthumpintwin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I have trouble thinking of any conservatives who fall into the "windbag celebrity" unless I'm counting TV/Radio personas and political commentators. I guess there's always the Nuge.

Those are, of course, the majority of the people I'm referring to.

Their formulation of the statement is sometimes slightly different, of course - a roughly analogous statement is when they suggest (as several of them often have) that everyone who disagrees with them should move (or be forcibly moved) to some other country. The whole "move to France" thing in about 2002-2004 was a fairly representative example.

• CMS Author

Those are, of course, the majority of the people I'm referring to.

Their formulation of the statement is sometimes slightly different, of course - a roughly analogous statement is when they suggest (as several of them often have) that everyone who disagrees with them should move (or be forcibly moved) to some other country. The whole "move to France" thing in about 2002-2004 was a fairly representative example.

So you can't name one Repub who threatened to leave the country? Oh come on.

• Members
So you can't name one Repub who threatened to leave the country? Oh come on.

I'd have to go looking for it, but I'm quite certain I hear that threat used "if Gore / Kerry wins". I honestly can't be bothered to look right now, you're so interested, why don't you? I'm quite sure I can find a whole metric {censored}ton of the other "you don't agree with us, so you have to move" variant.

• Moderators
I'd have to go looking for it, but I'm quite certain I hear that threat used "if Gore / Kerry wins". I honestly can't be bothered to look right now, you're so interested, why don't you? I'm quite sure I can find a whole metric {censored}ton of the other "you don't agree with us, so you have to move" variant.

Craigv didn't make the claim. You did.

• Members
Craigv didn't make the claim. You did.

What I said was "guilty of similar nonsense". I've shown how that is true. If either of you think it's worth that much effort, have at it, I'm not stopping you. I'm not running away from my statement in the least, if you don't think it's true, you haven't been listening to your party's windbags much over the last 20 years.

• CMS Author

Why so grumpy? I only asked so I could have a cheap laugh at the expense of some moron. Thanks Major Buzzkill.:mad:

:D

• CMS Author

What I said was "guilty of similar nonsense". I've shown how that is true. If either of you think it's worth that much effort, have at it, I'm not stopping you. I'm not running away from my statement in the least, if you don't think it's true, you haven't been listening to your party's windbags much over the last 20 years.

I don't have a party, and if you keep being so cranky, nobody will ever invite you to theirs.

• Moderators

What Republican starlets/stars that make a living in Hollywood have said anything comparable? It's really irrelevant as to whether I believe it's true or not. What matters is you haven't provided any evidence whatsoever other than pointing the finger at unnamed windbags. It's not my job or Craigv's job to find your evidence for you.

• Members
Wasn't roughly half the country going to move to Canada when Bush was re-elected? Where are all those people now? (I'll give a hint: most haven't gone anywhere)

They probably tried but failed to meet the immigration criteria, or they did some research and just gave up. We don't let just anybody in here..

..well we do actually, as long as you're fleeing from some country where they would like to kill you.:love:

• Members
What Republican starlets/stars that make a living in Hollywood have said anything comparable? It's really irrelevant as to whether I believe it's true or not. What matters is you haven't provided any evidence whatsoever other than pointing the finger at unnamed windbags. It's not my job or Craigv's job to find your evidence for you.

The Republican Celebrities Club keeps it's mouth shut because all democrat celebrities are {censored}ing Scientologists, proving that all democrats are stupid mindless goons that believe in space aliens and {censored}, and easily fall prey to pyramid schemes. :idea:
C7

• Members
The Republican Celebrities Club keeps it's mouth shut because all democrat celebrities are {censored}ing Scientologists, proving that all democrats are stupid mindless goons that believe in space aliens and {censored}, and easily fall prey to pyramid schemes.
:idea:
C7

Yeah well, it had to come to this eventually. Hollywood celebs don't marry normal people and generations of inbreeding was bound to take its toll.