Susan Sarandon to move to Canada if McCain is elected....

bassthumpintwin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Love it or leave it, baby! I have this philosophy no matter where you live. USA definitely has it's issues---but moving to another country doesn't solve anything IMO.

I have a good friend who was basically disgusted with our country, so she now teaches overseas. She has repeatedly said she loves her job, but definitely appreciates USA and its freedom after living in several countries over the past 10 years.

• Members

LOL.

I think it is funny how whe says "checking out a move" as opposed to all the gaggles of other idiots that promise us they will leave whn so and so gets elected, but then they end up never leaving.

This is her way to make her point, win favor with all the immaginary people in her head that she thinks actually care, and not have to follow through with it because she never actually promised anything.

• Members

Love it or leave it, baby! I have this philosophy no matter where you live. USA definitely has it's issues---but moving to another country doesn't solve anything IMO.

I have a good friend who was basically disgusted with our country, so she now teaches overseas. She has repeatedly said she loves her job, but definitely appreciates USA and its freedom after living in several countries over the past 10 years.

Most of those in disagreement with the current administration (and its would-be successor) are more in a mind to "Love it and stay here and fight for it".

You bozos are once again making the absolutely incorrect assumption that most people who disagree with this administration and the Republican / "conservative" agendas do not love their country. We do. That's why we're upset. And that's also why we're going to win.

Edit: I don't mean to lump you into that crowd unfairly, chubrocker, but that oh-so-typical "love it or leave it" attitude from the far right totally misses the point.

• Members

I just hate it when these idiot celebrities make these public claims. There have been people in office I didn't care for-doesn't mean I was ready to load up the truck and head to the hills (or Cananda or Mexico or anywhere else). When they say {censored} like this-it's the adult equivalent of gathering up your toys from the sandbox and going home pouting because you didn't get your way. Go to Canada. I give a {censored}? :rolleyes:

• Members

It always kills me that celebrities think that people give a crap what they think. I think we should offer to pay for her and her commie idiot husband passage on a leaky boat to Cuba. Frankly, after the way the movie Team America World Police ripped her I'm surprised she isn't keeping a lower profile. I say, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out".

• Members

We don't want them. We have enough preachy celebrity nitwits up here already.

+1

I'm pretty sick of people threatening to move to Canada. Its not like we really want them, and it just makes us look like fools for putting up with it.

Besides its not like Canada is any better, especially with the Harper government. They're even altering wikipedia articles on ministers to make them look better (to choose a minor scandal, don't even get me started on the Cadman thing). Though I'm not saying the Grits are any better.

Really, the political climate is just as messed up here. We don't need more crazies trying to throw their weight around.:idk:

• Members

It always kills me that celebrities think that people give a crap what they think. I think we should offer to pay for her and her commie idiot husband passage on a leaky boat to Cuba. Frankly, after the way the movie Team America World Police ripped her I'm surprised she isn't keeping a lower profile. I say, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out".

Well said...

- georgestrings

• Members

Most of those in disagreement with the current administration (and its would-be successor) are more in a mind to "Love it and stay here and fight for it".

This was really my point. I do mean my statement (altho I'm not an ultra-right winger---I'm one of those "in the middle) but I also think "leaving" is such a cop-out. It solves nothing in the end. This is turning into a political thread, so I better go. I'm not very good at those. hehehe