2008 Fender New American Standard Bass sound clips

stingray68

• Members

Hey Everyone

If anybodys interested in hearing the new Fender Precisions I have 4 rough tracks posted at my bands myspace.

www.myspace.com/sunsetjunk

All songs played aggressive fingerstyle to get a pick like grind.

Dr stainless Steel lowriders 45 to 105.

Played through Swr Bass 750 head and one Swr Goliath2 cab.

Recorded on 2 channels,1 for direct from the Head D.i. output and 1 for condensor mike used for cabinet placed 3 feet away. Mix is 75% d.i. 25% cab.

No Effects

If you like what you hear and have a myspace page contact me for a friend addition. I'm interested in hearing what other bass players are up to.

Thanks

Frank

• Members

Hey Everyone

If anybodys interested in hearing the new Fender Precisions I have 4 rough tracks posted at my bands myspace.

www.myspace.com/sunsetjunk

All songs played aggressive fingerstyle to get a pick like grind.

Dr stainless Steel lowriders 45 to 105.

Played through Swr Bass 750 head and one Swr Goliath2 cab.

Recorded on 2 channels,1 for direct from the Head D.i. output and 1 for condensor mike used for cabinet placed 3 feet away. Mix is 75% d.i. 25% cab.

No Effects

If you like what you hear and have a myspace page contact me for a friend addition. I'm interested in hearing what other bass players are up to.

Thanks

Frank

Great clips. Really impressed, and welcome to the forum. I'm going to get the same bass, but I've got a Fralin P-Bass pickup I wanna throw in there. How do you feel about the new bridge?

• Members

Great clips. Really impressed, and welcome to the forum. I'm going to get the same bass, but I've got a Fralin P-Bass pickup I wanna throw in there. How do you feel about the new bridge?

I've got a new american standard P and really like the bridge. I like the fact that you can top load or string through the bridge.

• Members

I think the bridge is a good improvment over the previous model. The string thru bridge or body option is the same but I like the increased mass and the beefier saddles, it gives the bridge a more modern appearance as well. The new American Standard line is a big step forward in quality control too. I would usually have to go thru about 10 to find what I thought was a good one. When I went to Guitar Center I played all the Fender Precisions and they all sounded great. I picked the one I have because I liked the woodgrain pattern and sunburst finish a little more than the others but they all sounded very resonant and livley with no dead spots or high frets. I actually sold my Amercian Vintage 57' reissue p bass because I stopped playing it because I like the new one much better.

Thanks

Archived