A Proposed Solution to These Damn Political Threads

funkrockfreedomfighter

• Members

Maybe what the people are complaining about is that there are so many political threads and they all deteriorate into the same thing.

Would all the people who say let them say, or don't open them, say the same thing if there were 6, "I'm new to bass, what's the best bass under $500" on the first page?

Well, this is a bass forum. And those questions tend to only be asked by noobs, and we're supposed to be nice to them, so...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Maybe what the people are complaining about is that there are so many political threads and they all deteriorate into the same thing.

Would all the people who say let them say, or don't open them, say the same thing if there were 6, "I'm new to bass, what's the best bass under $500" on the first page?

Kudos for making an on topic anecdote :D

• Members

Yes. i would.

• Members

I wouldn't have a problem with it just like I don't have a problem with the parody threads (however stupid many of them may be). They're part of this forum.

• Members

I started an on topic thread - even asked a question. Got about 6 comments - two of which were mine - no answers. it rolled way down the screens. realized no one cared so I didn't post a follow up - why should I.

I still like reading the crap, though. Most i ignore after 6 or so pages of comments.

probably won't be back to visit this one.

• Members

I'm down with merging similar political topics together.

I have an idea...

C7

Yeah, I don't have a problem with it, either - I've just never seen it done when our libs were screeching about Bush, Iraq, etc... that's all I'm saying...

I certainly don't want to appear to be spamming our forum, nor do I want to create a disturbance - but I do think that the calls for censureship are coming from left-leaning posters that had NO problem with the same thing being done when it supported "their side"...

I truly think that the main reason why *some* are protesting is that they don't like to see damaging info come out about their messiah...

- georgestrings

• CMS Author

Why don't you read those threads and see if anyone has ever complained?

Every thread follows a similar pattern:

Statement is made, or question is asked.

Reply or replies are made.

Someone disagrees with said replies, brew-ha-ha breaks out.

lug threatens MP3 smackdown, reality shows its ugly head.

Topic turns to fart jokes.

• Members

Why don't you read those threads and see if anyone has ever complained?

Every thread follows a similar pattern:

Statement is made, or question is asked.

Reply or replies are made.

Someone disagrees with said replies, brew-ha-ha breaks out.

lug threatens MP3 smackdown, reality shows its ugly head.

Topic turns to fart jokes.

So. What you're saying is we should merge all the political threads into one, big, fart joke thread.

That's a brilliant idea.

Archived