A Proposed Solution to These Damn Political Threads

funkrockfreedomfighter

• Members
Honestly, I have to agree with this one.

For chrissakes, if you don't like it, don't read it. Seriously. And as for "not changing anyones mind", well, you may discover you are wrong. not only have I changed my opinion on several issues over the years, I have also learned a hell of a lot from many posters here that I disagree with politically. just because I disagree with them doesn't mean I don't have something to learn from them and vice versa.

No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to make them open up an "Obama is the anti-christ" thread or a "Palin's daughter is a slut" thread.

If you don't want to read it, don't read it. Simple as that.

EDIT: While we're at it, since some peopl here don't like sports, lets' get rid of all the football related threads. Same with Soccer, baseball, the olympics, etc.

Let's jsut make this a place for only talking about bass................oh wait.....there already is one of those.
;)

Exactly - take note the political leanings of those who want to shut down political threads... Also, I don't remember any of these calls for censureship when all the Bush bashing was going on...

- georgestrings

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We aren't going to change the way this forum works for what amounts to really a very small number of people who abuse the freedom to discuss politics here. Those people will be removed if necessary.

I want to be a mod....you sound like a {censored}ing internet ninja with that {censored}!

• Members

Here's the thing; threads live and die of their own volition. If you wanna post up about what goes on in Canadia, go for it. If it's popular, you'll have discussion; if it's a dud, it'll sink like a rock. Just like the US political threads. Just like every thread.

I'm well aware of that. Note my stance... I'd like to see them gone, but don't think they should be either. They bug me, but have every right to be here.

• Members

This is an international forum. You don't see people of others countries bombarding hte forum with their politics. I agree. When there is more than 6-10 political threads on the first page at any given time, it's a little voer the top. Between that and bad redundant parodies...

Don't worry about us. We blame it on Bush, too.

• Members

Maybe what the people are complaining about is that there are so many political threads and they all deteriorate into the same thing.

Would all the people who say let them say, or don't open them, say the same thing if there were 6, "I'm new to bass, what's the best bass under $500" on the first page?

Archived