A Proposed Solution to These Damn Political Threads

funkrockfreedomfighter

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is an international forum. You don't see people of others countries bombarding hte forum with their politics. I agree. When there is more than 6-10 political threads on the first page at any given time, it's a little voer the top. Between that and bad redundant parodies...

We're hoping that if we keep quiet, that people in other countries won't notice the load of cunning stunts the we actually voted into power.

• Members

man this place will be awesome when this {censored}ing election is over

Yup. Hurry up and elect Obama so he can be asassinated or elect McCain so he can die at put Palin in charge.

Anyone see a similarity to the new Battlestar Galactica? Where a woman school teacher becomes President by process of elimination?

If you all elect McCain, you're putting her in charge eventually, you have to know that. Of course, she will be the first woman President, with an astericks beside her name, because she wasn't truly elected into the role.

• Members

I would think it will remain fairly much the same. As soon as the election is over, the gotcha game will start for whoever didn't make it to the White House.

Great point! Everyone won't all of a sudden become substantially less opinionated (to the level of insulting other forumites over opinions that aren't likely to be changed ever). That being said, it will probably go down a little bit. Maybe we could try it as a temporary fix?

I should have included a poll!

• Moderators
If you all elect McCain, you're putting her in charge eventually, you have to know that. Of course, she will be the first woman President, with an astericks beside her name, because she wasn't truly elected into the role.

Does Theodore Roosevelt have an asterisk? Harry Truman? Lyndon Johnson? Winner. Sexist Post of the Day Award. :thu:

• Members
Does Theodore Roosevelt have an asterisk? Harry Truman? Lyndon Johnson? Winner. Sexist Post of the Day Award.
:thu:

Truman nuked Japan, Johnson shared his bed with dogs.

Roosevelt was.. well, so tough he'd probably come and kick your ass from the grave if you said anything bad about him :D

• Members

This is an international forum. You don't see people of others countries bombarding hte forum with their politics. I agree. When there is more than 6-10 political threads on the first page at any given time, it's a little voer the top. Between that and bad redundant parodies...

Well, I could go on about the state of our government here but frankly it's boring and irrelevant. I come here for bass chat and lighthearted humour, not political talk. I don't even go into the political threads but there's just so many of them lately it's not even funny! :facepalm:

• Members
Does Theodore Roosevelt have an asterisk? Harry Truman? Lyndon Johnson? Winner. Sexist Post of the Day Award.
:thu:

:facepalm: It's not a sexist remark you pip. Is Teddy a woman? Harry sounds like a mans name to me. She'll go down as the first FEMALE President, yet not truly first elected female President. Don't go handing out slanderous awards when you just didn't read the post, please. kthnxbye. :wave:

If Hilary won on her side, not Obama, and she won the Presidency, she's the first female President. Period. If McCain gets in and dies, you KNOW that there's going to be all those people that feel the need to point out she isn't the true first elected female in the role, because she wasn't elected, she's a running mate, and arguments can and will be made for and against the notion.

• Members
To get on my own soapbox: {censored} this noise. The Bass Forum has worked as it is for years without needing any special handling of OT threads.

Honestly, I have to agree with this one.

For chrissakes, if you don't like it, don't read it. Seriously. And as for "not changing anyones mind", well, you may discover you are wrong. not only have I changed my opinion on several issues over the years, I have also learned a hell of a lot from many posters here that I disagree with politically. just because I disagree with them doesn't mean I don't have something to learn from them and vice versa.

No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to make them open up an "Obama is the anti-christ" thread or a "Palin's daughter is a slut" thread.

If you don't want to read it, don't read it. Simple as that.

EDIT: While we're at it, since some peopl here don't like sports, lets' get rid of all the football related threads. Same with Soccer, baseball, the olympics, etc.

Let's jsut make this a place for only talking about bass................oh wait.....there already is one of those. ;)

• Members

Indeed.

• Members
t.

EDIT: While we're at it, since some peopl here don't like sports, lets' get rid of all the football related threads. Same with Soccer, baseball, the olympics, etc.

Let's jsut make this a place for only talking about bass................oh wait.....there already is one of those.
;)

i prefer to think of it as a "bassist forum" rather than "bass forum"

i mean really im mainly here to talk about zombies with renfield

Archived