NBD:

georgestrings

• Members

I scored the red one in GeorgeStrings pic for $200 used at gc...sweet bass but what is the model name? Is it a legend classic or something else. I dont have much info but it's the same bass as the red one in the pic.

Both the basses in the pic are Q5s - out of curiosity, where was yours made???

- georgestrings

• Members

Then you need to get us a better pic of the black cherry coat.

T3h will love you for that.
:love:

I'll see what I can do - one of these days, I'll stop buying gear long enough to pick up a decent camera.... ummm, probably not - hahaha!!! I've tried to convince the GF a few times that she would really like having a better one, but she hasn't bought into the theory yet - hahaha!!!

- georgestrings

• Members

I love Spectors in general, those are some nice looking basses. The Czech Spector I had was one of the most responsive and incredibly aggressive basses I've owned. If it weren't for the reach I would still own it. PLay them in good health George:thu:

Dan

Thanks, Dan - they are a bit long for this 5'8" bassist... I find myself angling the headstock upward for some of the more difficult passages in the 1st couple of positions - which doesn't look bad on stage - but other than that, it doesn't bother me much... I'll openly admit that the 34" SR405 was more comfortable for me to play, but it wasn't even close in the sound quality department to the Spectors... Maybe a Stingray would be the perfect 5er for me - I'd better start saving my pennies...

- georgestrings

• Members

I'll see what I can do - one of these days, I'll stop buying gear long enough to pick up a decent camera.... ummm, probably not - hahaha!!! I've tried to convince the GF a few times that she would really like having a better one, but she hasn't bought into the theory yet - hahaha!!!

- georgestrings

You need to appeal to her desires.

I convinced my wife when we were first married that a $1200 VHS video cam would capture our newly arrived kids as they grew into the cute little rug rats and beyond. That worked.

Appeal to what sways her; kids, dogs, sexy bassplayers. ;)

• Members

You know if your reach is a problem at all, the MM Sterling is where it's at. It's the most comfortable bass I've played I think. The reach is non-existent and the neck fits me perfectly. I guess it depends on if you are a jazz guy or a P bass guy.

Thanks for the tip - I'll keep it in mind when time comes for the upgrade, and check out a Sterling when I get the chance... I've played a handful of Stingrays, and liked them all - but I don't recall ever playing a Sterling... I tend to sling my basses fairly low, and when I'm "reaching", I just angle the headstock upwards to help - the NS body on the Spectors seems to go along with that, instead of fighting it...

I'm definitely more of a Jazz guy than a P Bass guy - especially for modern rock, which is what I mainly use a 5er for...

- georgestrings

• Members

You need to appeal to her desires.

I convinced my wife when we were first married that a $1200 VHS video cam would capture our newly arrived kids as they grew into the cute little rug rats and beyond. That worked.

Appeal to what sways her; kids, dogs, sexy bassplayers.
;)

Yeah, I'll have to strateragize my way into that...

- georgestrings

Archived