1/2 NGD

fretless

• Members

Why use the skateboard tape under the bridge?

Continue the shielding paint up around and onto the ledge that the cavity cover rests on/screws to. That way, when you line the inside of the cover with the same paint (or copper tape, or glued on Al foil) you have continuity and effective shielding.

Just a suggestion.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

nope , no neck yet , I got an email from them a couple of weeks ago , saying " the neck had flaws and was unacceptable " and they were making another one and it would be another 3 weeks or so . So... should be soon .

Ah right, that sucks. Is it a Warmoth neck?

• Members

Why use the skateboard tape under the bridge?

Continue the shielding paint up around and onto the ledge that the cavity cover rests on/screws to. That way, when you line the inside of the cover with the same paint (or copper tape, or glued on Al foil) you have continuity and effective shielding.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks , well some geetars have this foamy pad there and this was close so I went with it , but the real reason is shielding paint scratches off easily , I could use regular paint though huh , not really a big issue though for me , I could have just as well left it plain .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

way more than my Kramers :cop: I think it's up there 6 or 700 I need to count everything , but am kinda afraid , after all I think I paid 2 and 300 for dead mint Kramers , but there was the fun of building it and picking out stuff and besides I needed a "metal " geetar right ? Right ... ? :lol:

Archived